Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Clinical Genetic Technologist IV
at EAG Laboratories
EGL Genetics Laboratory is owned by Eurofins and is one of the leading diagnostic genetic laboratories in North America. EGL, with three comprehensive laboratories providing cytogenetic, biochemical, and molecular genetic testing, has been a worldwide leader in comprehensive genetic diagnostic testing for more than 35 years. EGL has extensive expertise in genetic testing for rare diseases, metabolic diseases, autism, intellectual disabilities, and congenital disorders of glycosylation.
EGL Genetic Diagnostics, LLC is searching for an individual to join the Biochemical Genetics Diagnostic Testing Department as a Clinical Genetics Technologist IV in Tucker, GA.
Clinical Genetics Technologist IV job responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Independently performs processing of clinical sample and laboratory testing procedures of high complexity.
- Assist in the development of new protocols.
- Provides technical guidance and training to employees.
- Assists in review, interpretation, and reporting of complex and routine test results.
- Prepares reagents and maintains laboratory equipment and supply stock in accordance with established protocols.
- Maintains, troubleshoots, and performs minor repairs on laboratory equipment. Coordinates instrument repairs with the vendor as needed.
- Monitors PM and maintenance schedules as needed.
- Understands and complies with EHSO, OSHA and EGL Biosafety, Chemical Safety and Radiation Safety procedures and regulations.
- Oversees laboratory compliance.
- Performs related responsibilities as required and assigned by supervisors.
- Performs on-call responsibilities for after-hour, weekend and holidays as needed.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team - self-motivation, adaptability, and a positive attitude
- Ability to perform multiple tasks simultaneously, and maintain accurate records
- Experience with mass spectrometry, gas chromatography and liquid chromatography
- Experience with Microsoft Office, in particular Excel
Basic Minimum Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree in biology, chemistry or a related scientific discipline
- Seven years of related experience
- Certification by the American Society for Clinical Pathology or equivalent national certification is required
Position is full-time, Monday-Friday, 8:30 AM – 5:30 PM, with overtime as needed including rotational weekend and holidays. Candidates currently living within a commutable distance of Tucker, GA are encouraged to apply.
As an EGL Genetic Diagnostics, LLC employee, you will become part of a company that has received national recognition as a great place to work. We offer excellent full-time benefits including comprehensive medical coverage, life and disability insurance, 401(k) with company match, paid holidays and vacation, personal days, and dental and vision options.
EGL Genetic Diagnostics, LLC is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer.