Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Construction Engineering Technician IV - MCLB Albany, GA
AECOM is actively seeking experienced, creative, highly talented Construction Engineering Technicians to work at our client site located in Albany, GA.
The responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to:
- Incumbent must successfully complete the “CQM for Contractors” course associated with the ACOE.
- Provides overall coordination of the construction quality management program for assigned projects.
- In conjunction with the Construction Manager (CM), reviews and provides recommendations toward approval of contractor quality control plan.
- Attends selective quality control, preparatory and initial meetings, and monitor three-phase checklists for accuracy and thoroughness.
- Provides relevant remarks on Government Quality Assurance (QA) reports (or in identified section of Contractor’s Quality Control (QC) reports), particularly on critical, definable features of work included.
- Takes/files/distributes progress photos.
- Validates quantity, condition, and approval of materials on site prior to Government issuing invoice payments.
- Coordinates support to review and witness successful testing and commissioning/certification of critical systems (i.e., mechanical - HVAC/TABS/DALTS/DDC, electrical - Pad Mounted Transformers/High-Voltage Systems/Switchgear/Automatic Transfer Switches/Frequency Converters, fire and life safety/fire protection systems, roofing systems, and underwater structures). Assures quality workmanship in accordance with specifications and industry standards on concrete/masonry/stucco/building, envelope/structural steel/bolting/welding and other building materials/structural systems, as required.
- Attends/witnesses selected tests and review all applicable test reports and results.
- Incumbent keeps the Government sponsor advised as to the status of projects under his/her administrative and technical control, but the responsibility to plan and carry out the assignment is accomplished independently.
- In conjunction with the CM, performs cursory review of Activity Hazard Analyses (AHAs) and ensures via the Site Safety and Health Officer (SSHO) these are discussed by the construction contractor and their respective subcontractors prior to beginning each work activity or when a new work crew is to perform the work in accordance with the three phases of QC.
- Supports extensive contact with key construction contractor representatives to promote an atmosphere of partnering and cooperation and to quickly resolve problems and maintain construction schedule.
Contracting Officer Support
- Reviews contractor invoices for accuracy against actual work-in-place. Recommend approval/disapproval/partial payment to CM.
Construction Engineering Technician IV - MCLB Albany, GA
What We Offer
When you join AECOM, you become part of a company that is pioneering the future. Our teams around the world are involved in some of the most cutting-edge and innovative projects and programs of our time, addressing the big challenges of today and shaping the built environment for generations to come. We ensure a workplace that encourages growth, flexibility and creativity, as well as a company culture that champions inclusion, diversity and overall employee well-being through programs supported by company leadership. Our core values define who we are, how we act and what we aspire to, which comes down to not only delivering a better world, but working to “make amazing happen” in each neighborhood, community and city we touch. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we believe in each person’s potential, and we’ll help you reach yours.
- High school diploma or GED equivalent
- 6+ Years of relevant experience
- Must pass a State and Federal criminal history/security background check; many projects/clients are security sensitive.
- Must pass pre-employment drug screen.
- Work schedule is 12 hour shifts which will include a half hour lunch break and a half hour overlap period between the day and night shifts Work schedule may include weekends and holidays.
- Must be flexible to work evenings, weekends, and holidays.
- Valid Driver’s License and clean driving record
- Physically able, with or without an accommodation, to work and walk in outdoor/construction site environments with uneven terrain, variable outdoor conditions including heat, cold, noise, and moisture. Position requires often standing/walking; occasionally perform repetitive bending and stooping, operation of vehicles, climbing of stairs, keyboard/mouse operations, repetitive or fine hand movements, work alone in isolated/remote areas, and lifting less than 25 pounds; rarely working with arms above shoulder level, power gripping/squeezing (hand tools, levers, etc.), working at heights, working in an environment of heavy, moving, dangerous equipment, working in confined spaces, and lifting of 25 - 50 pounds. Position will include wearing associated personal protective equipment.
- Construction Quality Management Certification (CQM)
- Thorough knowledge of Safety requirement to include EM385-1-1 and OHSA
- Working knowledge of RMS
- Must demonstrate knowledge of soils, concrete and horizontal construction experience.
- Microsoft Office experience. Must be proficient in Word and Excel.
- Ability to express ideas clearly and concisely with written and verbal communication. Must be a good communicator.
- Interprets and applies the content of contracts, specifications, plans, applicable codes and standards, field reports and laboratory tests to construction projects.
- Performs duties with only general supervision.
- Capacity to exercise independent judgment and initiative for large scale complex construction projects.
- Demonstrate experience with MS Excel and Word
- OSHA 10 Hour Construction Outreach Training (card), or the ability to complete training and obtain credential
- 5 years of verified experience as a Quality Control Manager working for General Contractors on NAVFAC or U.S. Army Corps of Engineers (ACOE) projects OR 10 years of verified foreman experience in one or more of following trades: Concrete; Mechanical; Electrical; Masonry; or Carpentry on commercial/industrial/military projects. Residential experience does not qualify.
Design and Consulting Services Group (DCS)
United States of America
USA - Georgia