Alvarez & Marsal Holdings, LLC
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Manager / Director, Valuation Services
at Alvarez & Marsal Holdings, LLC
Alvarez & Marsal; Valuation Services
Valuation Services Manager/Director
Alvarez & Marsal is a global multi-disciplinary consulting firm with over 4000 professionals located in 40+ countries. Building on its roots in restructuring and turnaround consultancy it has evolved to provide a full range of consulting services across the life-cycle of an organization all of which draw on its operational heritage and are free of audit conflicts.
The Valuation Services Manager/Director is responsible for overseeing all phases of project and engagement management for multiple clients in a wide variety of industries. Responsibilities include planning, directing, and completing projects and services in valuations and developing and managing staff. The Valuation Services Manager/Director would work closely with managing directors and staff and plays a key role in client management and practice development.
- Bachelors Degree in finance, accounting or related field. MBA, CPA, or CFA designation is a plus but not required.
- 5 – 10 years business valuation experience (financial reporting, tax, transactional) with a Big 4, Top 20 public accounting and advisory firm, or national valuation firm
- Demonstrated experience in fair value measurements for financial reporting purposes (e.g., ASC 805, ASC 350, ASC 718)
- Ability to critically analyze financial information and communicate assumptions effectively.
- Ability to prioritize tasks, work on multiple client engagements, and manage rapidly changing assignments in a team environment
- Interview clients, including face-to-face meetings, to gather data and information pertinent to the engagement
- Strong financial modeling skills. Fluency with MS Excel and Word is a must. Must be able to construct and operate a three-statement cash flow model
- High level of proficiency with customary valuation methodologies including DCF analysis and comparable company/precedent transaction multiples
- Strong attention to detail
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills, as well as strong verbal oral and written communication skills
- Provide insight and expertise on target industries as well as market and competitor information
- Identify and communicate potential engagements to senior management
- Work with senior management to resolve technical issues and promote best practices for the valuation group
- Supervise and mentor staff on analyses, reports and presentations
- Work out of our Atlanta office
- Applicants must have unrestricted authorization to work for any employer in the U.S.
It is Alvarez & Marsal’s policy to provide and promote equal opportunity in employment, compensation, and other terms and conditions of employment without discrimination because of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, family medical history or genetic information, political affiliation, military service, pregnancy, marital status, family status, religion, national origin, age or disability or any other non-merit based factor in accordance with all applicable laws and regulations.
Unsolicited Resumes from Third-Party Recruiters
Please note that as per A&M policy, we do not accept unsolicited resumes from third-party recruiters unless such recruiters were engaged to provide candidates for a specified opening. Any employment agency, person or entity that submits an unsolicited resume does so with the understanding that A&M will have the right to hire that applicant at its discretion without any fee owed to the submitting employment agency, person or entity.
Alvarez & Marsal was founded in 1983 when Tony Alvarez II and Bryan Marsal recognized the opportunity to provide radically different advice and hands-on support to organizations facing operational and financial hurdles – situations demanding action, objectivity and real results.
Mavericks determined to challenge the prevailing approach to management consulting, Alvarez & Marsal's (A&M) founders helped pave the way for what became an industry: turnaround management, corporate restructuring and performance improvement for companies and stakeholders.
Often compared to corporate doctors, the founders built a culture through the years – blending together a mix of operating managers, functional experts and consultants. The firm grew at a measured pace to maintain quality and increase A&M's global reach and capabilities.
Committed to its core values, A&M has since evolved from a boutique player to the premier independent global professional services firm with a reputation for providing leadership, problem-solving and value-creation to under performing and robust companies across the industry spectrum. The firm today tackles wide ranging issues, with a focus on preserving and maximizing enterprise value.
With an operational heritage and depth of senior resources, A&M teams are able to rapidly diagnose and execute practical solutions in complex business environments by:
- Understanding Opportunities and Challenges
- Collaborating and Listening
- Planning and Partnering
- Building Consensus
- Supporting and Guiding / Leading
- Establishing a Self-Sustaining Organization
When the stakes are high, companies and stakeholders look to A&M to help find the right answer and deliver the solution in a variety of service areas. Whether serving as trusted advisers or in interim management roles to accelerate positive change, A&M professionals are on the ground across North America, Europe, the Middle East, Asia and Latin America – drawing on a proud operational heritage, never resting on our laurels.