Alvarez & Marsal Holdings, LLC
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Restructuring Senior Associate
at Alvarez & Marsal Holdings, LLC
Alvarez & Marsal - North American Commercial Restructuring
Restructuring Senior Associate
Locations: New York
Alvarez & Marsal, LLC, is a leading independent global professional services firm, specializing in providing turnaround management, performance improvement and corporate advisory services, is seeking to expand its Restructuring team in our New York office. With more than 4,000 professionals based in locations across North America, Europe, Asia, and Latin America, our firm excels in problem-solving and value creation. Drawing on a strong operational heritage and hands-on approach, our professionals work closely with organizations and stakeholders to help tackle complex business issues and maximize value.
Senior Associate candidates should be prepared to work in a team environment and are expected to manage discrete aspects of work streams. The projects and work streams will require creativity, resourcefulness and independent judgment. You will be expected to help develop solutions to problems and provide value to clients.
- Bachelor’s Degree (Business Major) and/or MBA
- Professional certification such as Certified Public Accountant (CPA), Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA), Certified Turnaround Professional (CTP), or Certified Insolvency and Restructuring Advisor (CIRA) or demonstrated progress toward such certifications preferred
- Minimum of 5-7 years of work experience in corporate restructuring, investment or commercial banking, and/or consulting or corporate positions with a financial or accounting focus. Prior restructuring experience strongly preferred.
- Demonstrate an intermediate level of experience with a number of the following areas:
- Analysis of financial statements and preparation of financial models including integrated 3-statement financial models
- Understanding of the bankruptcy process
- Analysis of cash flows and preparation of 13-week cash flow forecast models
- Understanding of the key operational performance drivers of a business
- Ability to extract useful information from large sets of unorganized or incomplete data
- Interaction with clients/personnel at all levels of a corporation
- Ability to manage discrete aspects of multiple work streams and train lower level staff (organizational skills)
- Uses problem solving skills to provide alternative solutions to complex issues
- Commitment to promoting integrity, leadership and objectivity
- Entrepreneurial team player who can excel in a fast-paced, challenging work environment
- Confident speaker & presenter (can communicate with personnel at all levels)
- Efficient business writer
- Shows potential to develop a network of restructuring industry contacts (attorneys, bankers, etc.)
- Willingness to travel up to 100%
It is Alvarez & Marsal’s policy to provide and promote equal opportunity in employment, compensation, and other terms and conditions of employment without discrimination because of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, family medical history or genetic information, political affiliation, military service, pregnancy, marital status, family status, religion, national origin, age or disability or any other non-merit based factor in accordance with all applicable laws and regulations.
Unsolicited Resumes from Third-Party Recruiters
Please note that as per A&M policy, we do not accept unsolicited resumes from third-party recruiters unless such recruiters were engaged to provide candidates for a specified opening. Any employment agency, person or entity that submits an unsolicited resume does so with the understanding that A&M will have the right to hire that applicant at its discretion without any fee owed to the submitting employment agency, person or entity.
Alvarez & Marsal was founded in 1983 when Tony Alvarez II and Bryan Marsal recognized the opportunity to provide radically different advice and hands-on support to organizations facing operational and financial hurdles – situations demanding action, objectivity and real results.
Mavericks determined to challenge the prevailing approach to management consulting, Alvarez & Marsal's (A&M) founders helped pave the way for what became an industry: turnaround management, corporate restructuring and performance improvement for companies and stakeholders.
Often compared to corporate doctors, the founders built a culture through the years – blending together a mix of operating managers, functional experts and consultants. The firm grew at a measured pace to maintain quality and increase A&M's global reach and capabilities.
Committed to its core values, A&M has since evolved from a boutique player to the premier independent global professional services firm with a reputation for providing leadership, problem-solving and value-creation to under performing and robust companies across the industry spectrum. The firm today tackles wide ranging issues, with a focus on preserving and maximizing enterprise value.
With an operational heritage and depth of senior resources, A&M teams are able to rapidly diagnose and execute practical solutions in complex business environments by:
- Understanding Opportunities and Challenges
- Collaborating and Listening
- Planning and Partnering
- Building Consensus
- Supporting and Guiding / Leading
- Establishing a Self-Sustaining Organization
When the stakes are high, companies and stakeholders look to A&M to help find the right answer and deliver the solution in a variety of service areas. Whether serving as trusted advisers or in interim management roles to accelerate positive change, A&M professionals are on the ground across North America, Europe, the Middle East, Asia and Latin America – drawing on a proud operational heritage, never resting on our laurels.