Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
BUILDER™ Facility Assessor
- Requisition ID
- Work Location
- Department / Discipline
- Engineering - Civil
- Position Type
- Staff / Permanent
Overview / Responsibilities
Wood Environment & Infrastructure Solutions is seeking a Facility Assessor with detailed knowledge and experience in either mechanical, electrical, plumbing, fire protection, interior, exterior, or roofing systems to conduct Facility Condition Assessment projects throughout the United States.
- Perform assessments of client facilities using professional expertise and judgment to determine physical condition with specifications and building codes
- Ability to understand a project work plan and execute based on a client’s requirements
- Use tablet - based computer system to identify and document building equipment and components of a building and provide justification for determination of the physical condition
- Work under direct supervision and in accordance with instructions and standard practices; Willingness to collaborate with project team members and be a team player
- Assess multiple buildings within large complexes on a daily basis identifying major components and sub - components as well as supporting systems
Essential Skills, Tasks and Responsibilities
- Good mathematical aptitude
- Ability to work efficiently and meet project deadlines
- Good technical writing skills
- Demonstrate computer skills and familiarity with email, texting, and use of internet - based mobility platforms
- Experience using SharePoint is a plus
- Ability to travel 50% or more and work flexible hours
- Must work well with team members and deal with customers in a positive manner
- Ability to climb ladders and stairs and perform moderate physical activity such as walking and standing
- Be able to pass a background check
Skills / Qualifications
- Professional Engineers (PE or EIT) or Architects preferred, but not required
- Two - year technical college or trade school certification in one of the building trades
- 5+ years of experience conducting facility condition assessments
- Experience using mobile computer system devices for field data collection
- Knowledge of facility condition assessment web - based software applications such as BUILDER™ SMS and Vertex ®
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Word and Excel
- Ability to use a tablet and understand data management
- Familiarity with mobile computer applications
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 60,000 people, with revenues of over $10 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets, including the upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, power & process, environment and infrastructure, clean energy, mining, nuclear, and general industrial sectors. www.woodplc.com?
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
If you can’t see the perfect role advertised online, the talent community is the best way to keep up to date with job opportunities and events relevant to you.
Click here to join today!