Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Director, Talent Development
- Functional Group
- Human Resources
- Monday- Friday; 8:00am to 5:00pm
Americold provides temperature-controlled warehousing and transportation to food producers, restaurants, schools and retail outlets such as grocery stores. We're proud to provide an essential link in the food and beverage industry supply chain, and to play our part in ensuring families across the US and overseas can sit down together to eat.
Based in Atlanta, Georgia, Americold owns and operates 155+ temperature-controlled warehouses in the United States, Australia, New Zealand, China, Argentina, and Canada. In North America we have over 11,000 associates and offer a wide variety of employment opportunities - from warehouse forklift operators and supervisors to accounting, customer support, engineering, transportation, and technology solutions positions.
Responsible for developing and implementing programs to develop and retain high performing talent. This role will lead a team that will design and deliver high impact training to leaders and associates across all functions.
• Design, develop and implement organization-wide employee and leadership development, and training programs/processes that support Americold's strategic direction and business objectives.
• Design and deploy educational programs that provide a strong foundation in the principles of business management, leadership and business fundamentals necessary to manage assigned responsibilities.
• Manages needs and gap analysis, and the development/revisions of new and existing learning and development programs.
• Ensures that all learning and development programs are aligned with the identified skills required for Associates and leadership to be successful.
• Manages the performance management and succession planning framework and accompanying processes and programs to build a viable pipeline of talent to support business growth and productivity.
• Develop and manage employee engagement survey process.
• Manage the company internship program.
• Partners with HR Business Partners to consolidate and analyze performance, succession planning and employee engagement data to convert into actionable follow-ups.
• Partner with VP, Recruiting on assessments for frontline associates and leadership roles in operations.
• Coordinate the facilitation of field training sessions.
• Other projects as assigned.
Qualifications & Experience:
• 10 years of experience in the design and development of leadership training programs; design and development of HR initiatives (performance management and succession planning)
• Bachelor's Degree required
• Experience in leading large-scale, strategic change efforts across functional, business and geographic boundaries
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Strong computer skills. Proficient with MS Outlook, Office, including Word, PowerPoint and Excel required; Experience with LMS tools and SuccessFactors a plus
• Excellent project management skills, including the ability to lead, facilitate, influence, and organize
• Excellent influence and consulting skills including working with multiple constituents/stakeholders
• Superior ability to communicate professionally, both written and verbally with individuals at all levels of the organization, external contacts, customers and potential customers
• Demonstrated leadership, management and coaching skills required
• Excellent problem solving, analysis and decision-making skills
• Excellent communication, interpersonal and presentation skills
• Demonstrates uncompromising level of integrity and code of ethics and maintain a high degree of confidentiality
• Requires travel for business, estimated 25% of the time
• Requires the ability to sit for long periods of time, with frequent interruptions
• Requires several hours per day of sitting, getting up and down from chairs, and reaching, or bending
• Requires manual dexterity with normal hand and finger movements for typical office work
• Talking, hearing, and seeing are important elements of completing assigned tasks
• May require travel by automobile and airplane up for business
• May require a visit facility operations in temperatures at or below freezing
• May carry loads related to travel and occasionally lifts, carries, positions, or moves objects weighing up to 20 pounds
• Requires the use of various electronic tools
• Requires the ability to relate to others beyond giving and receiving instructions: must partner with colleagues without exhibiting behavioral extremes
• Requires the performance of work activities including reasoning, negotiating, instructing, persuading, or speaking with others; and respond appropriately to constructive feedback from executive management
Americold is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
EOE/AA M/F/D/V DFW.