Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Apria Healthcare
- Requisition ID
- # of Openings
- Logistics (Non-Driver Positions)
- Location : Location
- Full/Part Time
With over 300 locations across the US, Apria Healthcare’s mission is to improve the quality of life for our 1.8 million patients at home by providing home respiratory services and select medical equipment to help them sleep better, breathe better, heal faster, and thrive longer. Additional information can be found at www.apria.com.
The Transfill Technician will participate in all production aspects of filling high pressure medical oxygen cylinders - prefill inspections, filling, and post filling processes - in a regulated environment.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Inspect and prepare aluminum and steel cylinders.
- Connect cylinders to filling manifolds.
- Fill high pressure cylinders with oxygen.
- Disconnect, Test, and Inspect cylinders - verifying filling requirements.
- Perform post-fill processes.
- Store oxygen cylinders in appropriate section of department/warehouse.
- Document all worked performed according to written policy.
- Maintain accurate files of all work performed. Files contain such information as lot and batch numbers, cylinder maintenance and inspection logs, and materials required by the F.D.A.
- Ensure all workstations are maintained in an efficient, clean and safe manner.
- Performs other duties as required.
Minimum Required Qualifications
Education and/or Experience
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Pass company standard background check.
- Three years’ experience in a manufacturing or similar environment.
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES
- Must be a strong team player with the ability to work in a team environment
- Ability to work 8-hour rotating shift which includes some nights, on-calls, holidays, and weekends
- Ability to communicate effectively in person
- Knowledge of manufacturing and basic warehousing
- Specific job related training (Medical Gases P&P) and competency test will be provided, wherein a passing test score is required.
- English (reading, writing, verbal)
- Basic problem solving (addition, subtraction, division, multiplication)
Education and/or Experience
- Technical degrees or relevant technical training.
- Experience with chemicals, hazardous gases, and gas analysis
- Experience in an FDA regulated production environment
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations or Professional Designations
- May be asked to become certified to work with oxygen by various state or federal agencies, where required.
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES
- Basic MS Office (Excel, PowerPoint, Word)
- Prior forklift experience
- Regularly required to use hands to handle tools and equipment
- Regularly required to read documents and write neatly, legibly and transcribe accurate information and numbers/values.
- Required to use a variety of personal protective equipment (PPE), typically safety shoes, eye and ear protection, exam-style gloves as well as cut resistant gloves.
- Continually engages in activities that requires team collaboration, listening, talking and hearing.
- Frequent variations including sitting, walking, standing, kneeling, reaching or stooping.
- Specific vision abilities required to perform this job safely include close vision, distant vision, and the ability to adjust focus to read documents.
- Frequent use of basic hand tools, material handling equipment, carrying devices, cleanup equipment
- Strength Aspects:
o Ability to frequently and repetitively grip with hands and lift 15 lbs. or less above shoulder height up to 72” (6ft).
o Ability to hold an object in place while utilizing the other hand to scrape off tags and labels.
o Utilization of a pallet jack and or tilter to move (via push/pull) cylinder containers weighting up to a max weight of 1,200lbs.
- Body Position and Flexibility Elements
o Frequently and repetitively removing cylinders from containers (floor) and placing onto the inspection table (waste high), then to the filling rack (2ft to 6ft high) after per-fill tasks are completed.
o Frequently required to reach, on average, 20” away from the body.
o Frequently required to reach, bend or squat to perform many of the above tasks.
- Noise levels can range from low to high level industrial noise. Noise protection devices are provided and available as needed
- Weather and temperature range from indoor climate-controlled environment in buildings and various outdoor seasonal conditions and temperature extremes encountered throughout the year in a variety of US states.
- Lighting is generally provided via warehouse lighting, LED and or fluorescent.
- Wearing proper protective equipment required while working in the high pressure Transfill plant.
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described above are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Join the Apria team for a rewarding opportunity in healthcare! Competitive pay rates with cash incentives and full benefit packages available, including health, dental, vision, disability and 401(k).
Apria Healthcare is committed to hiring veterans and military spouses.
As an EOE/AA employer, Apria Healthcare is committed to providing all applicants and employees with equal access to employment opportunities, regardless of sex, race, age, color, national origin, disability, pregnancy, religion, genetic information, sexual orientation, transgender status, gender identity, marital status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. Apria Healthcare shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-300.5(a) and 60-741.5(a). These regulations prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals on the basis of protected veteran status or disability, and require affirmative action by covered prime contractors and subcontractors to employ and advance in employment qualified protected veterans and individuals with disabilities. AA/EOE, M/F/Disability and Vet