Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Environmental Engineer 2
Arcadis is seeking an Environmental Engineer to join our team in Atlanta, GA. The selected candidate will support our environmental investigation and remediation projects.
The selected candidate will be responsible for office and field duties. The successful candidate will be able to serve as an intermediary between upper level staff and junior staff. Office tasks include planning and preparing technical documentation for environmental engineering projects that include site assessment, remedial system design and costing, pilot study design and costing, technical specifications and bid documents, other routine technical reports (i.e., monitoring reports, status reports), permitting, and proposals. Field tasks include implementing soil and groundwater assessment plans, construction oversight and subcontractor management, implementation of pilot studies, remediation system operation, monitoring, and maintenance (OM&M), and support during incident response for our clients.
Candidate will have a basic understanding of remedial technologies including: excavations, air stripping, groundwater recovery, dual phase extraction, air sparging, soil vapor extraction, in-situ chemical oxidation, and both in-situ aerobic and anaerobic enhanced bioremediation.
Position responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Reviewing regulations and standards necessary to conduct technical studies and carry out project design and permitting activities.
- Analyzing reports, maps, drawings, blueprints, tests, and aerial photographs on soil composition, terrain, hydrologic and hydraulic characteristics, and other topographical and geologic data to plan and prepare documents.
- Directing and conducting field investigations, surveys, data acquisitions, and remedial system OM&M.
- Calculating costs and determining the feasibility of projects based on analysis of collected data, applying knowledge and techniques of engineering, and advanced mathematics.
- Assisting with the preparation of engineering design and investigation reports, technical specifications, drawings, construction schedules, and construction documents.
- Inspecting construction sites to monitor progress and assess conformance to engineering plans, specifications, and construction standards.
- Using computer-assisted engineering and design software, including computer simulation models and Geographical Information System (GIS) software, and equipment to prepare engineering and design analysis and documents.
- Addressing Requests for Information (RFI) from contractors related to design and construction activities.
- Advanced proficiency with relevant desktop applications
- Strong technical writing skills; able to produce complex reports
- Advanced research, data gathering and analysis skills
- Advanced knowledge in site investigation and remediation technologies
- Effective technical, project management, relationship management, market sector expertise and commercial awareness,
- Work successfully in a team setting and independently
- Effective problem-solving skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Excellent time management skills
- Experience with Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Project, GIS, and CADD
- Detailed knowledge of relevant national standards and codes of practice
- Bachelor of Science degree in Environmental Engineering, Civil Engineering or an appropriate area of engineering
- 4+ years of experience
Engineering - Environmental
- Engineer in Training (EIT) certification or Professional Engineer (PE) license
- OSHA 40 Hour HAZWOPER
Required Driving Statement
This position requires a current valid driver’s license and clean driving record.
We are an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Women, minorities, people with disabilities and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. We are dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in employment on any basis including race, creed, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, citizenship status, disability, veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by law.
What country will this position be in?
Why Choose Arcadis
Arcadis is the leading global design and consulting firm for natural and built assets, and we invite you to join us in partnering with our clients to deliver truly exceptional and sustainable outcomes. Contribute to the world’s most high-profile and transformative projects, from shopping centers in Shanghai and improved traffic flow in Atlanta to state-of-the-art rail systems in Doha, coastal defenses for Manhattan and cleaner air in Los Angeles.
Work alongside the industry’s foremost thought leaders and accomplished professionals, generating effective, real-world results. We are Arcadis: 27,000 people in more than 70 countries, creating value by applying our collective wisdom to every challenge. Our culture is collaborative, we believe in diversity and the power of global teamwork, and we own the responsibility to sustain the Earth and its people in a safe and balanced way.
Arcadis. Improving quality of life.
About This Business Line
Now more than ever, businesses and governments recognize the need to incorporate environmental concerns into their decision making. As the leader in global environmental services, Arcadis has provided innovative and sustainable solutions to some of the world’s most complex projects. We literally wrote the book on environmental remediation, and our experts continue to pioneer the development and application of cutting-edge approaches in environmental planning, site evaluation, environmental construction and strategic environmental consulting as well. Join us in making a cleaner, safer world a reality.
Are you interested in being considered for this position? Let us know!
Our online application is currently unavailable as we transition to a new system. Send an email to the Arcadis Recruiting team at Recruiting.ANA@Arcadis.com to notify them of your interest. Please attach your resume to the email and include the requisition number located at the top of the job posting. We will respond with a link to formally apply and be considered for the position the week of July 15, 2019 when our new system is available.