Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Industrial Wastewater Process Engineer
Wastewater Engineer 1
Arcadis is currently searching for an Industrial Wastewater Process Engineer to join our world-class Water for Industry team in our Atlanta, GA office.
This is an exciting opportunity for you to join our team locally and grow your career with support from one of the best-qualified engineering consulting firms in the country! This full-time position requires attention to detail, exceptional organization skills, strong work ethic, and excellent written and verbal communication skills. The ideal candidate is self-motivated, team-oriented and flexible, with the initiative and ability to take on new projects and other challenges regularly. The successful candidate will excel in a fast-paced environment and will demonstrate an eagerness to build and grow our practice.
This position will utilize your expertise and technical knowledge of Industrial and Municipal water and wastewater plants to assist the project teams on interesting and important projects for industrial clients. Typical projects involve water conservation, energy recovery, nutrient removal, sustainability and pollution prevention. This position will be an entry into rapid advancement within the company to other areas: project management; client development; seller/doer and technical direction.
Position duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Conduct design calculations, model simulations using BioWin or similar software, hydraulic calculations, etc.
- Research and perform concept designs and feasibility evaluations of various water and wastewater treatment alternatives.
- Develop plans, specifications, and other contract documents.
- Work directly with other engineering disciplines, office/project staff, client, and sub-contractors, throughout the project lifecycle.
- Plan, coordinate and conduct effective presentations and webinars. participate in client meetings and field interaction with clients and subcontractors
- Prepare reports, memos, and other communications.
- Perform process troubleshooting and optimization, pilot testing, bench scale testing and lab analysis of conventional and advanced water treatment technologies.
- Analyze data including water quality, technology evaluations, and plant operations information.
- Conduct site visits, condition assessments and performance evaluations of industrial water treatment facilities.
- Ensure project compliance with all Arcadis practices and quality and safety standards.
- Facilitate coordination of completion and submission of projects on time and budget.
- Able to travel on a regular and sometimes extended basis.
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor's degree in Civil, Environmental, Mechanical, Chemical Engineering or a related field of study.
- Master's degree in Civil, Environmental, Mechanical, Chemical Engineering or a related field of study.
- Pilot testing, bench scale testing, and laboratory analysis experience.
Engineering - Water/Wastewater
Industrial Wastewater Process Engineer
- Engineer In Training certificate
- AutoCAD, MS Project (or Primavera) experience.
- Active participation in regional and/or national professional associations.
Required Driving Statement
This position requires a current valid driver’s license and clean driving record.
We are an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Women, minorities, people with disabilities and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. We are dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in employment on any basis including race, creed, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, citizenship status, disability, veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by law.
What country will this position be in?
Why Choose Arcadis
Arcadis is the leading global design and consulting firm for natural and built assets, and we invite you to join us in partnering with our clients to deliver truly exceptional and sustainable outcomes. Contribute to the world’s most high-profile and transformative projects, from shopping centers in Shanghai and improved traffic flow in Atlanta to state-of-the-art rail systems in Doha, coastal defenses for Manhattan and cleaner air in Los Angeles.
Work alongside the industry’s foremost thought leaders and accomplished professionals, generating effective, real-world results. We are Arcadis: 27,000 people in more than 70 countries, creating value by applying our collective wisdom to every challenge. Our culture is collaborative, we believe in diversity and the power of global teamwork, and we own the responsibility to sustain the Earth and its people in a safe and balanced way.
Arcadis. Improving quality of life.
About This Business Line
Now more than ever, businesses and governments recognize the need to incorporate environmental concerns into their decision making. As the leader in global environmental services, Arcadis has provided innovative and sustainable solutions to some of the world’s most complex projects. We literally wrote the book on environmental remediation, and our experts continue to pioneer the development and application of cutting-edge approaches in environmental planning, site evaluation, environmental construction and strategic environmental consulting as well. Join us in making a cleaner, safer world a reality.
Are you interested in being considered for this position? Let us know!
Our online application is currently unavailable as we transition to a new system. Send an email to the Arcadis Recruiting team at Recruiting.ANA@Arcadis.com to notify them of your interest. Please attach your resume to the email and include the requisition number located at the top of the job posting. We will respond with a link to formally apply and be considered for the position the week of July 15, 2019 when our new system is available.