Asbury Automotive Group, inc.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Accounts Payable/Payment Specialist
at Asbury Automotive Group, inc.
- Requisition ID
- # of Openings
- Job Locations
- Posted Date
- Position Type
- Regular Full-Time
Asbury Automotive Group (NYSE:ABG), a Fortune 500 public automotive retailer with over 80 retail locations and 26 collision repair centers is currently seeking an Accounts Payable/Payment Analyst!
Why Asbury? Attractive brand mix, attractive geographic footprint that allows for easy internal transfers, track record of consistently improving operating performance, and weekly pay!
Responsibilities and Qualifications
This position is responsible for the accounts payable On Demand Check function to ensure prompt and accurate payment to customers; reviews AP processes, policies and procedures; review internal controls and supports organization initiatives to meet the business and operational goals.
- Review documents for accuracy, completeness, and proper approval
- Reviews check requests for the required support
- Processes check disbursements in accordance with company policy
- Assists in timely issue resolution
- Validates control numbers
- Conducts data entry into accounting software
- Reports any violation of company policy directly to the ODC team lead
- Able to navigate multiple systems and proficient in electronic workflows
- Promotes cross functional collaboration and accountability
- Able to work independently and communicate effectively with all levels of management, staff, customers and vendors
- Process and solutions oriented, analytical and detailed oriented
- Other duties as assigned
- Two year degree is preferred but not required
- Computer proficeincy; competence in ADP/CDK and other finance applications is an added advantage
- Minimum 2 yrs Accounts Payable experience required
- Strong excel (intermediate to expert) & reconciliation skills
- Auto Dealer experience preferred but not required
What do we offer?
- Competitive weekly pay
- 401k plans with company matching for most full-time and part-time team members
- Health care – medical, dental and vision insurance plans
- ZERO-COST medical premium for base HDHP option for team member only coverage (select roles eligible and job tenure applies: A&B Technicians, Body Shop Technicians, Internal Technician, Body Shop Mechanical Tech’s, Painters, Shop Foreman, Sales Consultants, Service Advisors and Body Shop Estimators.)
- Tax-free flexible spending accounts
- Life Insurance ($30,000 complimentary), short-term and long-term disability plans
- Paid holidays and PTO (up to 28 days depending on length of employment service and position)
- Stock Equity Grant program for high performance (select front-line team members eligible!)
- Employee discounts on service and cars
- Up to 8 weeks paid pregnancy disability leave program
- Career Path tool to assist in career development
- Scholarship program for employees, their parents, and their dependents
- Opportunities to join our community service initiatives
- Recognition program with opportunity to earn credit on Amazon.com
- Employee referral program with bonus opportunities
Why Asbury? Asbury offers the advantages only a major dealer group can. With more than 25,000 available vehicles in stock to sell, 500+ cars sold and 4,500+ vehicles serviced daily, 8,000 team members and 8 million customers, we are one of the largest Fortune 500 franchised auto retailers in the United States. Asbury operates more than 80 dealerships across the country-- which means there are plenty of opportunities for career growth and development. Our competitive pay and benefits, training opportunities, and recognition programs make Asbury an industry leader. To find out more, visit us at: www.asburycareers.com