Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Sr. Commercial Underwriter
at Ascendo Resources
Are You a Senior Commercial Underwriter?
This position is responsible for the completion of various complex written commercial loan analysis, providing underwriting expertise that delivers high quality standards, exceptional customer experiences, and complies with applicable regulatory requirements.
- Underwrites complex CRE, C&I, SBA, and 504 loan transactions for new and existing members with complicated borrowing structures.
- Responsible for compilation of data and interprets outcomes of analysis, utilizing sound credit underwriting skills to recommend a credit decision.
- Provide clients with an exceptional experience by meeting the agreed upon SLAs while maintaining high quality.
- Identify proper loan structures to meet the Lenders and members needs while still complying with NCUA, SBA, and other regulatory requirements.
- Analyze the historical and/or projected business financials to determine viability of applicant business, including cash flow, trends, and financial ratios.
- Analyze personal and business financials to evaluate repayment ability along with other factors to complete a risk assessment.
- Quality review of underwriting documents to ensure completeness, accuracy, and compliance with all credit conditions.
- Manage a working pipeline of intermediate to complex loan requests (both SBA and non-SBA) to ensure quality and timely loan analyses.
- Coach and train team members on processes, procedures, and lending practices.
- Assists manager with special projects relating to departmental services.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
At Ascendo Resources we believe in building lasting relationships. We’re experts at matching our client’s organizational goals with the ideal candidate. We strive to meet both the candidates' objective of finding their desired position and employers' need to find the best possible resource for their organization. Your Ascendo business professional will be your sole point of contact whether searching for a direct hire employee or interim resource. This methodology allows the organization and Ascendo professional to build a more effective and efficient partnership.
Ascendo Resources is transcending the staffing industry. By joining us, you will have a ground-breaking opportunity to be a part of our fast-growing organization. Join the Ascendo Resources Talent Network today!
What is a Talent Network?
A minimum of five years of experience in commercial loan underwriting is required.
Incumbent must be able to demonstrate a high level of knowledge of SBA and federal rules and regulations, as well as prudent commercial lending practices.
Ability to provide sound credit decisions utilizing strong background in evaluating personal and business financials
Education: A four-year college degree in a related business field, or equivalent work experience is required.
Computer/Office Equipment Skills: Intermediate to advanced skills in the following: Computer operating skills (Windows navigation, mouse/keyboard functionality), Microsoft Office Suite, Advanced CASH Suite (or other similar analysis software, i.e. tax analysis, Sageworks, etc.).
Language Skills: Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to communicate effectively with client credit unions and co-workers. Must have the ability to read and interpret documents such as procedures, regulations, and legal documents.
Reasoning Ability: Must be detail-oriented and organized. Strong interpersonal and problem-solving skills. Ability to work under tight deadlines and handle multiple/detail-oriented tasks. Ability to work closely with internal and external clients daily. Ability to maintain strict confidentiality. Strong organizational and follow-up skills.
Physical Demands: Requires frequent standing, walking, sitting, using hands to handle or feel, reaching with hands and arms, talks and hears. Occasionally climbs, kneels, or crawls.
Vision Requirements: Requires close, distance, peripheral and depth perception vision as well as the ability to focus.
Weight Lifted or Force Exerted: Frequently lifts up to 10 lbs., occasionally lifts up to 25 pounds.
Environmental: Office type conditions, indoors.