Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
54815 - Analyst
at Avacend, Inc.
Public Health Informatics Interoperability Analyst
The Georgia Department of Health (DPH), is seeking a qualified candidate for the position of Public Health Informatics Interoperability Analyst basedin Atlanta, Georgia.
Reporting to the Deputy Director of the Office of Public Health Informatics (OPHI), the selected applicant’s responsibilities include working with OPHI to oversee interoperability of different public health information systems across organization boundaries to exchange and cooperatively use data amongst stakeholders. The selected applicant’s responsibilities will also include the responsibilities of vendor management, designing, architecting and testing of various laboratory and non-laboratory project initiatives.
This position will also include problem investigation and resolution and integration strategizes. In addition to, leading efforts of project management, business analysis, technical writing, and presentations.
Candidate will work in a highly visible and changing environment with aggressive timelines. This position will require in-state travel.
- Completion of an undergraduate degree in Computer Science, MIS, engineering, business administration or related field from an accredited college or university
- 5+ years of experience demonstrating expertise in technology systems and projects
- 1+ years of experience with developing integration interfaces across various platforms by defining systems specifications, input/output processes and hardware and/or software compatibility
- Experience with coding and translation standards needed to exchange health information across various systems, as well as, transfer of clinical data between multiple applications in various environments and platforms
- Configuration and operation of integration engines
- Develop and deliver functional/system specifications and be familiar with user-training documents
- Developing experience of Use Cases for implementation of Applications
- Coordinate application testing, including the maintaining of test scripts and conducting UAT (sessions, to ensure successful deployment)
- Proficient in troubleshooting, self-motivated and driven professional, able to work with minimal supervision, and able to exercise good judgement to keep critical systems operational
- Must possess excellent writing, technical, analytical, problem solving, conceptualizing, project management, and research skills
- Detailed-oriented and highly-organized
In addition to meeting the Minimum Qualifications, preference will be given to applicants who possess the following:
Work experience in Public Health solutions to include:
- Ad-hoc reporting by means of utilizing SQL
- HL7 messaging based data exchange
- Leading and Assisting with integration and/or architecture solutions design and deployment support
- Strong knowledge and experience with business intelligence software
- Mid to advance level knowledge of terminology of Logical Observation Identifiers Names and Codes (LOINC) and Systematized Nomenclature of Medicine – Clinical Terms (SNOMED CT) to enable exchange of health information across different systems
- Strong ability to store, manage, and send laboratory test orders to lab instruments, tracking of those orders, recording results, and querying the database
- Present technical and laboratory information to a non-technical and/or laboratory audience, and an ability to understand and interpret Business requirements.
- Advance experience in business analysis, project management and enterprise architecture approaches for implementing informatics solutions