Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Avacend, Inc.
UNIX/Linux Administrator Job Description
Department of Transportation is seeking an experience UNIX/Linux Administrator. See below for responsibilities, minimum and desire qualifications.
(This is for 2nd Shift Position, Hours are 3 PM to 12:00 AM Monday through Friday)
- Strong Administration of Red Hat and Oracle Enterprise Linux operating systems
- Experience in provisioning both physical and virtual servers (in a Microsoft Hyper-V Environment)
- Must have experience working on server’s running Oracle databases in a Oracle RAC and Non-RAC configuration
- Assist with WebLogic, Tomcat and JBoss installation and administration when necessary
- Assist in planning, installing and administration of Disaster Recovery for Linux servers
- Ensure all Unix/Linux based servers are adhering to change control and audit policies
- Understand and able to configure Postfix, DNS/bind/named, NTPD, SSH, LVM, multipath, and Samba/CIFS
- Ensure security updates are applied to servers according to GDOT's patching policy
- Maintain documentation and diagrams for both daily operations and Disaster Recovery
- Assist Backup Administrator with Unix/Linux backups using Commvault.
- Other duties as assigned
Minimum Qualifications (Must Have)
- 5 - 10 year’s administrative experience with Linux (Red Hat X+, Other Linux distribution)
- 5 - 10 year’s experiences in shell scripting (korn/bash)
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience
- Must be a team player with appropriate corporate conduct
- A solid understanding of TCP/IP, routing, sockets and experience w/ using utilities such as nmap, tcpdump, snoop and Wireshark.
- Skill with scripting in BASH, KSH and python a plus
Desire but not required
- RHCSA, RHCE Linux, certifications are a plus
- Assist with PeopleSoft (Primavera) support when necessary
- Assist with Red Hat Satellite server installations and administration.
- Knowledge of StoreOnce is a strong plus
- Knowledge of SolarWind Storage Manager is a strong plus
- Knowledge of SolarWind Orion Manager is a strong plus