Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Content Manager - 54440
at Avacend, Inc.
The content manager will refine and advance our editorial vision and mission and help plan, produce, and analyze the written content for Georgia.gov. This role will help build our editorial calendar and written guidelines, as well as determine sources for content both internally and externally. This person may also be asked to create a network of state agency communication personnel and go-to influencers within the state, coordinate content and show a strategic vision for Georgia.gov.
- BA/BS English, Journalism, Communications, Marketing, Liberal Arts, History or other humanities.
- Experience managing an editorial calendar for a media publication or marketing team preferred.
- Excellent attention to detail both for line editing copy and consistency in style and tone across agency content.
- Need to be advanced user of Drupal 7 and have intermediate understanding of Drupal 8
- Experience managing state agency websites a plus
- Build and manage the publishing of a rich content/editorial calendar that attracts a qualified audience to Georgia.gov (including blog posts, popular topics, research, landing pages, social media, infographics, etc.).
- Determine and manage sources for content creation, both internally and externally.
- Serve as an exemplary writer, consistent with Georgia.Gov’s tone and mission. Should write clean, concise, well-polished content.
- Edit and proofread content produced by teammates, including conceptualizing the projects upfront and copy-editing prior to publishing.
- Stay up-to-date with the latest industry trends, content performance metrics and customer challenges in order to build a more effective editorial calendar.