Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
CORBA C++ Developer
at Avacend, Inc.
Job Status: Full-Time/Regular
Job Reference #: 5685
- Enhance an existing telecom video provisioning software system.
- Author software architecture, design and unit test document.
- Code to remediate defects and enhance the system.
- Technical ownership of issues that impact design success, and guide the future concepts, products and technologies.
- Work in hard and soft real time domain with complex hardware interfaces and various communication protocols (TCP/IP, Ethernet, Profinet)
- Utilizes knowledge to design telecommunication software system.
- Articulates (verbal and written) the design decisions and implementations with multiple stakeholders.
- Strong C++ knowledge, Object Oriented Design principles and embedded development
- Ability to quickly develop and understand complex control systems including embedded real-time, application layers, CORBA interface and its associated hardware environment.
- Experience reverse engineering existing logic and rewriting that into newer technologies.
- Experience with multi-threaded software development
- Experience with client/server architectures and RPC mechanisms (Redis, GRPC, etc.)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to translate, statistically analyze data, and effectively report problems through written and/or graphical formats.
- Excellent customer service skills, with an advanced understanding of customer relationship building.
- Technical expert of data management, TCP/IP and other similar communication protocols.
- Applies advanced knowledge of design methodologies.
- Demonstrates sophisticated knowledge in utilizing design engineering tools, systems analysis and design, and database management.
- Minimum of 8 years in technical development role with strong hands-on development experience
- 7+ years of working C++ experience required
- At least 2+ years of CORBA interface design and development experience
- Proven ability to guide a team in coding efforts for a distributed control system. The coding will require programming in different languages (C++, Python) on different OS environments (VxWorks, CentOS).
- Delivered 3+ mid to large scale software projects with demonstrable quality
- Hands on experience with refactoring for performance and scalability – complex multi-processor distributed control system is a plus.
- Experience in replatforming / rewriting legacy application to modern platforms.