Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Optical Ops Engineer III
at Avacend, Inc.
Perform operational fulfillment activities with specific knowledge & skills associated with the following technologies:
Optical Transport Platforms; OTN Optical Transport Platforms; Metro Core and Access Dense Wave Division Multiplexing (DWDM) platforms, both active and passive (ROADM/FOADM); Longhaul, Metro & Access DWDM ITU standards; Network Management Systems (NMS); Ethernet OA&M, Performance Monitoring, and test platforms ; Digital Cross Connect Systems; Infinera, ALU, Nokia Optical Solutions; Network Synchronization and Timing Systems.
1. Create & maintain Operational documentation
2. Implement and tests solutions based on project scope and design/engineering specifications
3. Work closely with Transport Design Engineering during network assessment, capacity planning, network Design test and trial phase.
4. Write detailed Methods of Procedure for the implementation of maintenance activity
5. Responsible for the upkeep and maintenance of network platforms; Ensures network uptime and compliance with customer Service Level Agreements
6. Interfaces with other departments and markets to plan network upgrades.
7. Designs process and procedures to facilitate compliance with guidelines from internal and external governing entities. Audits these processes to ensure efficiency, cost effectiveness, and overall compliance. Makes recommendations for and executing corrective measures as necessary.
8. Analyzes varied statistical data for trending, forecasting, and budgeting activities in order to provide assessment support for decision makers.
9. Contributes to the production of post mortems on events and outages in the clients Data Network.
10. Shares technical knowledge and skills with other team members to develop team members’ capabilities.
11. Coordinates and leads discussions with other groups to make critical decisions as related to the clients operational environment.
12. Anticipates future needs of operations group and suggest training and/or resources to meet those needs.
13. Makes specific recommendations and assist in implementation of plans that enhance technical operation, compliance with rules and regulations, and permit the deployment of new technology.
14. Manages projects with other teams to confirm delivery intervals, validate critical dates and milestones and ensure delivery of services stay on target.
1. 5+ years of experience required in related field (i.e. Transport Operations, Transport Design Engineering.); 3+ years of experience required if candidate possesses a related advanced degree.
2. Experience working in Long Haul DWDM Optical Transmission environment and DWDM network management systems
3. Knowledge of latest DWDM technologies (i.e. Infinera DTN-X platform, Nokia) as well as the latest Metro DWDM technologies (i.e. Cisco 15454).
4. Experience with communications test sets and methodologies, including bit error rate testing, protocol analyzers, spectrum analyzers, and OTDR.
5. Experience with equipment and DC power installs, site acceptance and commissioning
6. Required Travel up to 25%
7. Demonstrated problem solving and analytical thinking skills.
8. Excellent collaborative skills to work effectively with teams throughout organization