Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
PL/SQL Developer - 53969
at Avacend, Inc.
Reporting to the Manager Application Support and Development the selected applicant’s responsibilities include working with the defined project team to design, develop and test software in support of Epidemiology section. Using Oracle PL/SQL in a web environment this team member will be focused on developing, deploying and maintaining database applications and data messaging processes to support the goals of the project. Day to day activities will include @ 40% coding, 20% design/analysis, 20% implementation, 20% support. Candidate will be able to work with a diverse project team, and work in a highly visible and changing project environment with aggressive timelines.
- Completion of an undergraduate degree in Computer Science, MIS, engineering, business administration or related field from an accredited college or university.
- 5+ years experience with Oracle Database versions 10g, and 12c.
- 5+ years Oracle PL/SQL programming skills
- Experience with Quest Software SQL Navigator or similar development tools.
- 5+ years experience with full project lifecycle experience in implementing web based systems
- Proficient in troubleshooting, self-motivated and driven professional, able to work with minimal supervision, and able to exercise good judgment to keep critical systems operational
- Experience in design models, diagrams, layouts, definitions and/or specifications to show process, systems design, and/or integration complexity in a clear and precise manner
- Proficient in analyzing information thoroughly and effectively to determine the impact of technical platform changes, changing customer requirements and/or software defects will have on supported systems.
- Previous experience with integration with legacy and up and coming technologies.
In addition to meeting the Minimum Qualifications, preference will be given to applicants who possess the following:
5+ years work experience with a relational database system such as Oracle 10g or 12c and SQL Server including:
- Expert understanding of Oracle PL/SQL
- Use of advanced SQL for querying database to filter for desired dataset.
- Knowledge of other 3G languages a plus.
- Able to master new technologies to complete complex application development.
- Excellent debugging skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent team skills and capabilities