Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Avacend, Inc.
The selected candidate will serve as project manager on multiple IT projects. Primary focus of most of the projects will be from an enterprise-wide perspective rather than functional business application standpoint. Most projects will involve web development components. Expectations are that the PM will independently drive the activities of the project, be responsible for the schedule, maintain project scope boundaries, set task deadlines, monitor staff progress, schedule and conduct meetings as required, develop and communicate project status, proactively drive the resolution of outstanding risks/issues and project changes.
- 5-7 years project management experience effectively managing information technology projects from requirements gathering to close-out phases. Project experience must include new development; hardware evaluation, installation and configuration and large scale external customers. Experience must also include enterprise -wide type projects, not only functional.
- 5 years project management experience managing multiple projects simultaneously. Experience must include projects comprised of weak matrix team members who did not report directly to the PM
- 5 years’ experience using an established project management methodology and software development lifecycle including managing IT software development or infrastructure projects.
- 7 years of work experience demonstrating strong problem solving skills.
- Well-developed communication skills – oral, written, listening. Good analytical and negotiation skills, and close attention to detail.
- Must have excellent leadership, interpersonal, and motivation skills.
- Working knowledge of PMBOK and PMI principles.
- Expert level knowledge of standard PM tools (Primavera, MS Project, Visio, and MS Office Suite) with experience in waterfall based projects
- BA/BS degree with major in Business or Computer Science or 10+ year’s comparable business experience.
- Project management experience in the public/private sector dealing with managing vendors, contracts, and invoicing.
- PMP Certification (Certification verification must be maintained by vendor and provided at interview)