Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Project Manager - 53014
at Avacend, Inc.
Job Status: Full-Time/Regular
Job Reference #: 4334
- Run a complex project/programs from design and development to production.
- Assisting in the translation of that vision into business requirements
- Synthesizing the business and technical landscape into a sound project strategy and execution plan
- Managing multiple key projects with significant scope and complexity simultaneously
- Extremely strong verbal and written communication skills, partnered with an ability to collaborate and build effective interpersonal relationships
- Expert knowledge and experience managing essential risk mitigation activities including identification, tracking, follow-up, escalation, and contingency planning on risks, issues.
- Critical thinking skills that result in innovative problem solving and decision making.
- Advanced in use of project management tools to effectively manage schedules and sub-projects interdependent milestones. Ability to analyze and strategically leverage project data to ensure key risks and issues are identified and resolved.
- Develops training and development strategy and curricula, partnering with senior management. Ensures training programs support the changing needs of the business and address new initiatives.
- Will coordinate with cross-functional teams in defining application requirements and resolving project issues.
- Participates in project design, contributing insights and ideas. Helps formulate project scope and objectives, and contributes to project plans, RFP's and RFI's.
- Works directly with users in defining new application requirements and resolving project issues, responding to user problems to explain new technologies and present deliverables.
- Creating a communications process to ensure stakeholders are aware of status, risks, and opportunities
- Synchronizing and managing cross-project interdependencies
- Driving execution of project and program deliverables
- Oversee QA activities to ensure project deliverables meet / exceed established standards
- Interacting with senior leaders across a highly matrixed environment and cultivating trust with all program stakeholders
- Preparing and delivering presentations regarding program status to key stakeholders
- BA/BS degree
- 5+ years of project management experience
- PMP Certification preferred
- Intermediate to advanced proficiency with MS Project, Word, Excel, Visio, PowerPoint
- Strong interpersonal skills and emotional intelligence
- Proven ability to build and maintain strong and trusted relationships with business
- Excellent time management, organizational, and prioritization skills and ability to balance multiple priorities.
- Ability to operate independently with minimal guidance
- Comfort operating in a very fast paced environment with aggressive timetables
- Ability to take initiative and work independently.