Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Avacend, Inc.
The purpose of this position is to create reports for the DOAS Risk Management Division. The contractor will create reports using Cognos reporting tools included with the claims management application. The consultant will also work with management to analyze reports and suggest / create new reports to gain further insight into the insurance claim business.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Interviews internal Business Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) and develop reporting requirements.
- Work independently to develop required reports from available data sets
- Identify, analyze, and interpret trends or patterns in result data sets
- Clearly document logic used in report generation to enable use / modification by others
- Hands-on experience in Cognos 8 or 10 or a similar tool designing reports with complex elements such as expressions, relative logic, drill-through reporting, conditional formatting/variables, bursting, dashboarding and list/chart/cross-tab reporting.
- Experience with Report Studio, Cognos Workspace, Cognos Workspace Advanced or other similar tools.
- Strong database knowledge
- Ability to read and write SQL.
- Ability to validate results back against the database.
- Experience working with large data sets and query optimization.
- Strong communication skills (written and verbal)
- Able to learn technical concepts quickly and apply them effectively in the workplace.
- Able to adapt to changing business requirements and react quickly.
- Strong customer focus and results oriented attitude.
- Strong organizational and problem-solving skills.