Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Senior Java Developer
at Avacend, Inc.
- Provide design leadership in large or complex development projects with Java expertise involving application development, migrations, and additions to existing applications. Participate in project meetings with other technical staff and business owners and subject matter experts
• Work with other leads/architects to define best practices and coding standards. Review application in progress of development to ensure compliance with overall design parameters and corporate development standards
• Assess and develop high level design requirements for project and communicate in writing or in meetings with development team. Assess detailed specifications against design requirements
• Write technical documentation including data flow, architecture and technical specifications
• Create custom Java applications from software requirements specifications or as a part of an agile team.
• Guide and mentor less experienced programmers/developers on technical work/issues
o Bachelor’s degree in Software Engineering, Computer Science, Information Technology or other related technical discipline.
o Should Have 10+ Years of IT Experience
o Strong experience in Core Java; C# is a plus
o Deep knowledge on Java Development Frameworks for designing and developing enterprise architectures (Struts, Spring, Hibernate)
o Programming knowledge in distributed Java, J2EE, service oriented architecture(SOA), middleware, integration technologies, and frameworks like JSP, JSTL, JMS, JNDI, JDBC, JAXB, Struts, Hibernate, Maven, log4j and JUnit
o Experience with Java Script and JS frameworks like JQuery and DOJO.
o XML technology experience such as XSD, XPath, XQuery, XSLT, etc.
o Exposure in developing and configuring Web Services; Solid understanding of Java Web Services WSDL, SOAP, XML, RESTful, Web Services Development Kit
o Experience with creating and integrating single sign-on solutions
o Proficient with Microservices (REST API), Spring boot, Netflix OSS, Zuul, Docker and Kubernetes.
o Proficient in a CI/CD toolchain.
o Must be proficient with AngularJS 2 or better.
o Experience creating custom, general use modules and components which extend the elements and modules of core AngularJS
o Experience creating self-contained, reusable, and testable modules and components
o Motivated self-starter – works well independently, but ability to also work well in a team environment
o Demonstrates professional behavior under pressure
o Ability to resolve complex and diverse issues by identifying underlying or hidden problems and patterns
o Clear understanding of end-to-end application delivery in a multi-platform environment (mainframe, client server, web).
o Knowledgeable and experienced in the full Systems Development Life Cycle and Testing Methodologies.
o Comfortable in interacting with staff and management, including Executive levels.
o Must be meticulous in creating high quality, high value deliverables
o Ability to write technical design documentation in clear and understandable fashion
o Possess well developed communication skills – oral, written, listening. Good analytical and negotiation skills, and close attention to detail.
o Ability to multitask and stay well organized
o Must have strong collaboration skills