Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Systems Analyst 52725
at Avacend, Inc.
This requisition is for an Information Technology (IT) Business Systems Analyst.
The selected candidate will serve as a business analyst (BA) on multiple IT projects. The focus will be on development efforts to support enterprise-wide systems integration. BA will work hand-in-hand with business and technical teams. BA will solicit, understand, and analyze business data, objectives, and processes. BA will translate user need into materials for successful IT design and development. BA will conduct user interviews and joint-application-development (JAD) sessions. BA will identify business “pain points” and rank user stories/use cases potential to improve business effectiveness/performance. BA will clarify and document IT project scope, current/future state, business/application workflows, functional/system requirements, system interaction diagrams, reporting and training requirements, use cases, data mapping, logical data models, metadata, screen mock-ups, and test cases. BA will actively participate in the software development life cycle (SLDC) and transfer information to IT Project teams. BA will be responsible for demonstrating requirement traceability within developed products.
Possibility for some travel to DOT sites throughout the state.
Vendor must purchase $20.00 identification card for candidate, which is non-refundable.
All candidates submitted for this or any other Job Posting that are currently working under a VISA, Employment Authorization Card, or any other authorized programs of the Federal Government must have a current active VISA or status in order to be submitted. Candidates that have an expired VISA or are in the process of applying for an extension, transfer, or a new VISA, should not be submitted.
The Department has 12 holidays, which consultants are not allowed to work nor make up any time for those holiday weeks without management's approval. Consultants are not to take extended leave during their first year of service (e.g. 1 week or greater). Consultants may not telework or work a compressed work week schedule during their first year of service.
The position end date is set for the end of the DOT fiscal year. DOT may exercise the option to renew contracts in one year increments. Several successful developers have continued working for several years with contract extensions. However, DOT is under no obligation to extend contracts and may terminate employment at any time.
- 5-6 years of IT business related experience such as software development, project management, or technology support/training
- 5-6 years Microsoft Office Professional including Visio/Access
- 5-6 years of IT business analysis
- 2-3 years data analysis or data modeling
- 2-3 years SQL, PL/SQL
- Strong analytical/technical skills
- Excellent communication, teamwork, and collaboration skills
- Able to analyze business processes for systems/data integration
- Able to work on multiple tasks/projects
- Results oriented and highly organized
- Able to work in fast-paced environment
- BA/BS degree with major in Business or Computer Science or 10+ year’s comparable business experience
- Solid knowledge of the Software Development Life Cycle (SLDC)
- IIBA Certification
- Background in software development or supporting software applications
- Background in transportation or government/public service
- Knowledge of PeopleSoft (HCM, FSCM, LMS)