Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Technical GIS developer
at Avacend, Inc.
- Develops customized web applications, web services, mobile, and enterprise solutions
- Develops geoprocessing and GIS web services
- Develops GIS web editing/mapping applications
- Conducts performance, unit, system, integration, and quality assurance testing of applications
- Maintains existing applications/services
- Upgrades and migrates existing applications/services to current version/systems architecture
- Provides end user support and creates support documentation
- Works closely with other developers and architects
- Estimates work effort and proposes development solutions
- Assists in the integration of Esri Roads and Highways and Agile Assets
- 5+ years of programming/application development experience
- 2+ years of PL/SQL, T-SQL, SQL
- 3+ years Esri ArcGIS Desktop and Server 9x/10x
- 2+ years Esri ArcGIS Server services and GeoProcessing services development
- 2+ years Esri ArcSDE/Oracle 11g/12c versioned geodatabase development
- 2+ Python Scripting
- Experience with industry-standard technologies such as HTML, CSS, XML, XSLT, Git, HTML5, Dojo, Kendo UI, Dijit, etc.
- Bachelor’s in geography, GIS, computer science, or a related field
- Comfort working in Microsoft or Java-based realms: operating systems and platforms (.NET, JEE), application servers (IIS, Tomcat), architecture, implementation patterns
- Ability to clearly communicate technical ideas, whether to other technical peers or non-technical project managers or customers
- Excellent communication, collaboration, and teamwork skills.
- Ability to isolate/solve any number of problems from code bugs to database connectivity to application server or operating system failures
- Knowledge of geospatial and mapping concepts such as spatial analysis, map projections, etc.
- Experience with current technology implementation patterns including service-oriented and cloud
- Knowledge of IT security concepts and implementation patterns within Esri technology