Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Technical Support - 53469
at Avacend, Inc.
This position provides day-to-day level-1 technology operational support within the Elections Technology Department under direction of the Director. This includes end user support of election and voting system applications. Provides support and assistance in maintaining the department’s election ballot building operations, and coordination of county-owned election equipment testing. Works with Infrastructure and Applications teams on application and network troubleshooting and county-level election system testing and deployment.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Oversee and Manage all testing and return of county-owned election system components received from repair
- Sets up Department staff on required election applications working together with the Infrastructure and Applications team.
- Support all activities of the ballot building team and provide assistance where necessary
- Works to maintain current inventory of all equipment used statewide.
- Support the roll out of Elections related initiatives throughout the state
- Shows persistence and seeks alternatives when obstacles arise; seeks alternative solutions; identifies and involves appropriate internal or external expertise when appropriate; works proactively, addressing things before being forced to by events; accommodates new methods and procedures.
- Accepts direction and feedback from supervisor and follows through appropriately
- Develops and maintains effective working relationships with users and peers.
- Associates’ degree in a technical curriculum, or
- At least three years of recent relevant experience in an IT or software support experience.
- One-year hardware/software experience in a support capacity required.
- Preferred Certifications:
- CompTIA A+ and MCP – Microsoft Certified Professional Current certification required – or demonstrated equivalent experience.
- MCSA – Microsoft Certified Systems Administrator.
- MCSE – Microsoft
- Knowledge of desktops, laptops and mobile devices, as well as network equipment.
- Knowledge of MS Office and MS Exchange/Active Directory.
- Demonstrated problem resolution and task management skills.
- Effective interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills.
- Ability to prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment and make sound decisions in emergency situations.
- Ability to present ideas in a user-friendly language.
- Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Strong customer service orientation.
- Must be able to lift 75 pounds
- Some travel required (primary within the state of Georgia)