Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Technician I, IT (18-19) - 53657
at Avacend, Inc.
Under general supervision, facilitates the maintenance of computer resources; provides technical support for workstations, hardware and software. Incumbent will be assigned to a school location or assigned to central office for dispatch. Individual support assignments are subject to change.
Essential Functions and Abilites:
The following duties are representative for this position. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the classification if the work is similar, related, or a logical assignment for this classification. Other duties may be required and assigned.
• Resolves software, hardware, phone systems and network problems.
• Assists users with PC’s, Macintoshes, Printing, Local Area Networks (LAN) and associated software.
• Assists schools with the use of Active Directory, Thin Client devices, tablet computers, Interactive White Boards, and wireless technology.
- Expresses a sense of urgency
- Performs special assignments, serves on project teams, and stays up to date with latest technical skills.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Exhibits excellent customer service skills
- Researches, plans, procures, installs and maintains computer hardware and software.
- Administers and documents technology inventory.
- Plans and coordinates all technology projects, policies and procedures.
- Performs expert troubleshooting, diagnosis & repair of hardware and software issues
- Configuration and management of Chromebook devices
- Troubleshooting and repair of interactive boards
- Repair of projectors and touch panel devices
- Ability to converse professionally with school leadership
- Superior Cognitive reasoning ability
- Professional attire
EDUCATION AND/OF EXPERIENCE:
• Associate’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or closely related area from an approved accredited college or university required.
• Net + certification required
• Minimum of three (5) years of computer/information technology hardware/software support or closely related experience is required.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, PERMITS:
• Valid Georgia Driver’s License required.
• Valid N+ certification preferred.