Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Teradata Database Administrator 53340
at Avacend, Inc.
Teradata Database Administration work both in production and development data warehouse environment. Support business users with WhereScape’s Red and 3D. Work with other team members to support all Teradata database DBA related work.
Specific Responsibilities Include:
- Support Teradata system including independent marts, development/UAT, disaster recovery, and the enterprise warehouse.
- Manage/Monitor system performance, including workload management and throttling, query performance and tuning, physical node behavior, and amp distribution.
- Consult on physical database implementations, PPI, skew analysis, join methods, and data access paths.
- Work with Teradata GSC in resolving RDBMS related incidents.
- Develop and maintain Linux/Unix shell scripts.
- Assist other members of IT, such as Application Development, Operations, Distributed Systems and Systems Programmers in the resolution of system hardware and/or software problems.
- Perform appropriate Change Management duties to comply with IT policies and procedures.
- Perform appropriate Incident Management duties to comply with IT policies and procedures.
- Review security at system level and provide recommendations for improvements.
- Report progress on a weekly basis of status on all assigned work tasks in a written report.
- On call support and occasional weekend onsite support.
- Working knowledge of Teradata RDBMS at both physical and logical levels.
- Working knowledge of Teradata suite of tools: TDWM, BTEQ, ARCMAIN, TPT, FASTOAD, MLOAD, TPUMP, DBQL, PDCR.
- Working knowledge of Teradata’s Viewpoint.
- Familiar with Teradata BAR technology and DSA.
- Experience with SQL.
- Experience with Linux/Unix.
- Experience with Unix shell scripts, such as ksh, csh, bash or sh.
- Experience with scripting languages, such as Perl or Python.
- Experience with file transfer protocols, such as FTP or SFTP.
- Experience with Microsoft’s Outlook, EXCEL, WORD and Visio.
- Experience with WhereScape Red and 3D.
- Experience with SUSE Linux.
- Experience with Oracle as Database Administrator.
- Experience with SQL Server as Database Administrator.
- Experience with Local, State or Federal government
In order to be successful in this role, at a minimum the candidate should:
- Ability to work with minimal supervision, with general guidance from manager and business users.
- Be innovative, energetic, energizing, flexible and eager to learn.
- Knows how to get to the real technical issue and/or root cause of problems.
- Be able to create realistic schedules and stay on schedule.
- Be able to practice candor, transparency and collaboration.