Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Welding Engineer in Suwanee, GA at AZZ Inc.
at AZZ incorporated
AZZ Specialty Welding
The Welding Engineer will support the implementation of the AZZ WSI welding program. Responsibilities include qualification of welding procedures, enforcement of the Quality Assurance Program, operational support both in the shop and field, perform research & development, help implement industry best practices, and ensure adherence to applicable codes, specifications, standards, and contract terms. The Welding Engineer, from time to time, will support shop and field welding execution.
Education, Certifications, Licenses & Registrations:
Bachelor’s degree in Welding Engineering or Welding Engineering Technology. (An international engineering degree and/or accreditation may be considered)
Five to ten years of welding engineering experience in the power generation, petrochemical, and/or oil & gas industries is considered a plus. New graduates may be considered with significant relevant production or field welding experience.
Specialized Knowledge and Skills:
- Demonstrated knowledge of arc welding process fundamentals
- Demonstrated hands-on skills with shielded metal arc (SMAW), gas metal arc (GMAW), and gas tungsten arc welding (GTAW) processes
- Production and field welding experience is preferred
- General knowledge and enthusiasm to learn applicable ASME, API, and other industry standards
- Strong analytical, communication, and interpersonal skills along with fundamental computer skills
- Working knowledge of materials, weldability and NDE methods
- Provides welding related support to the operating units during execution of shop and field projects.
- Helps to develop and/or review Welding Procedure Specifications (WPS), Procedure Qualification Records (PQR), Weld Performance Qualification (WPQ) records, work travelers, work instructions, customer requirements, proposals, reports, and other technical welding related documentation
- Supports shop and field welding project execution, including hands-on welding
- Assist in solving complex welding problems, performing root-cause analysis, implementing corrective actions, and documenting lessons learned.
- Help to identify, develop, and implement advanced welding processes, techniques, materials, and equipment
- Assist in the research and development of prototype welding equipment, welding technology, and materials
- Other duties as assigned
General office, shop and lab work environment.
Sitting, standing, walking, lifting up to 30 lbs, ability to work in an industrial field environment.
Occasional travel (<25%)>25%)>