Bank of America Corporation
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Bank of America Corporation
Bank of America’s Quantitative Finance Group is seeking a Quantitative Finance Analyst to join our team. The analyst must be a self-starter with strong programming skills who is comfortable working hands-on with market data, solving problems, and writing production code on a massively parallel Linux cluster. The analyst will work with a team that is responsible for design and implementation of nightly forecast processes that are of critical importance to both the Treasury group and Bank of America as a whole. These include NII, MSR, AFS Hedge valuation, Volcker Reporting, Intraday Liquidity analytics, Balance Sheet Management and other Risk functions.
- Computer Science Degree or similar experience
- Experience with traditional SQL or distributed databases such as Oracle/MS SQL or Vertica
- Experience with UNIX/LINUX software development in languages such as Perl/Python
- Hands on experience coding in Perl/Python.
- Experience with SQL, including writing complex queries, stored procedures, joins, etc.
- Experience using Source Code and Version Control systems like SVN, Git, etc
- Strong desire to learn and adopt new technologies
- Ability to work well in a cooperative, time-sensitive, market-driven environment
- Ability to manage multiple priorities with minimal supervision
- Ability to work individually and with the group on complex problem solving
- Analytical skills, critical thinking and a strong desire to learn
- Experience working with big data projects with tools like Hadoop, Hive, Spark, HBase, Sqoop, Impala, Kafka, Flume, Oozie, MapReduce, etc
- Understanding of Business Intelligence solutions, preferably with hands-on experience in Tableau or similar tools
- Understanding of economics and financial markets, especially with Mortgages
Shift:1st shift (United States of America)
Hours Per Week:40
At Bank of America, we’re creating real, meaningful relationships with individuals, businesses and communities to help them focus on what matters most. Every day, we connect with 57 million customers, using our skills and expertise to help make their lives better.
We are committed to attracting and retaining top talent around the world to ensure we continue to deliver together for our customers, clients and communities. Along with taking care of our customers, we want to be a great place for people to work, and we strive to create an environment where all employees have the opportunity to achieve their goals.
Learn about some of the ways Bank of America is making a difference in the communities we serve.
Learn about the six areas that guide Bank of America’s efforts to help make financial lives better for customers, clients, communities and our teammates.
Diversity and Inclusion
Each employee brings unique skills, background and opinions. We see diversity and inclusion as our platform for innovation and a key component in our success.
Learn about our four values that represent what we believe.