Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Collections Representative in Duluth, GA at The Bartech Group
Job DescriptionJob #: 196083
If you are an experienced Collections Representative looking for a position with a leading company, Bartech can help! We are a leading staffing firm and our clients include some over the nation’s biggest companies. Our client has a need for a Collections Representative. This is a contract position; however it is not uncommon for assignments to transition into permanent positions with our client companies. If you have the background we are looking for, and you are interested in an opportunity to get your foot in the door with leading company, we want to talk with you!
Your specific duties as a Collections Representative will include:
- The collections analyst actively handles a portfolio of customer accounts within the core accounts team. The analyst assists in reducing days sales outstanding (DSO) and resolves all issues slowing or preventing customer payments.
- The collections representative achieves these responsibilities by conducting business to business collections calls in a professional and courteous manner, and by email/fax communication, to supplement phone calls.
- The collections representative is ultimately tasked with ensuring the company’s cash flow and risk are maintained at acceptable levels.
- Prioritize customer calls and/or discrepancies to be resolved
- Meet and exceed monthly cash flow goals determined by management
- Record detailed notes of all activity related to customer accounts
- Follow-up on previous collections efforts to ensure payments are received as promised
- Obtain and provide invoice copies to customers
- Review orders for creditworthiness
- Recommend accounts for credit review to credit analyst
- Keep management informed of all potential credit risks discovered during collections process
- Interact with plant and sales personnel to obtain necessary information to collect balances
- Develop and maintain positive working relationships with all customers within assigned A/R portfolio
- Recommend accounts for write-off, bad-debt reserve, or payment plans
- Provide Cash Applications team with requested information
- Special projects
As a Collections Representative you must represent our company well by being responsible, punctual and motivated to go above and beyond the call of duty. You must also be highly detail-oriented and organized with excellent analytic and problem-solving abilities. It is also important that you display excellent verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills.
- 3+ years’ experience
- Experience in JD Edwards preferred
- Large company experience preferred
- Manufacturing experience a plus
- College degree preferred
As a Collections Representative with Bartech, you will be working through an established and respected staffing organization with 40 years of serving as a trusted partner to our client companies. We are dedicated to providing our talent with personal, responsive attention, and will assign an employee care representative to answer any questions or concerns that you might have. Depending upon the client, the assignment and your performance, you can find potential opportunities for direct employment. Your hard work and professional dedication will be rewarded with competitive compensation, including benefits.
Available benefits for Collections Representative Position may include (but are not limited to):
- Exceptional medical, dental, and vision
Make the most of your experience!