Best Buy Corporation
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Manager, Best Buy Appliances - 502 (Smyrna)
at Best Buy Corporation
Manager, Best Buy Appliances - 502 (Smyrna)
The BBY Appliances Manager is responsible for managing the Appliances department within the standard operating platform to achieve maximum profitability. Maintaining a positive employee and customer experience, this role must demonstrate the company values and business image. Provide leadership to the Appliance staff to include setting clear expectations, giving direction, mentoring, and development of department sales personnel. Contribute to the delivery of optimal customer service by recruiting, training, scheduling and retaining customer focused full-time and part-time department personnel. This position is a part of the core Best Buy team and is responsible for building relationships with the core store team, as well as successful integration of the entire Appliance team within a Best Buy location. This role is responsible for both individual and team Appliance sales, margin, Accessories and Service Contract performance from time of sale through delivery and installation. This role requires extensive sales experience primarily in appliance sales and are considered Subject Matter Experts in the Appliances field.
- Sales – create relationships with customers to create repeat sales, identify customer needs and recommend appropriate solutions. Apply product knowledge and industry knowledge to each customer interaction. Approve price changes offered to customers prices within established guidelines and circumstances. Ensure traffic moves within the store and all customers receive service from sales staff.
- Supervise 5-10 employees in an Appliance store. Require partnership with senior management to hire, counsel and terminate employees. Recommends pay changes and promotional opportunities of employees to senior management. Provide daily guidance to employees, direct daily work of all staff within the store, facilitate employee training.
- Customer Service – due to the length of the sale (initial interaction, sale, and delivery to install) follow up with customers, answer questions for customers, designers and contractors. Follow up on all scratch and dent issues. Offer customers compensation for scratch or dent deliveries. Know to call vendors with specific technical questions to answer customer questions. Track orders. Will act as final call for customer concerns, identifies the appropriate remedy for a customer concern. Governs pricing decisions and customer interactions within the store.
- Apply understanding of design and building to the sale so the customer orders are correct to specification. Custom order cannot be returned. Must be able to apply basic measurement techniques and knowledge of built-in appliances.
- Attend and possible coordinate vendor offered product training
- Store opening and closing activities, ensure store is clean and bright,first call for security company
- 1 year of experience as a Leader in Business, Military or other fields
- 2 years of experience driving profitability through sales or customer service
- Ability to analyze and manage a budget (labor, expenses, revenue)
- Associate Degree or higher in Computer Science, Business, Management or related fields
- Retail Experience
- Consumer Electronics, Appliances, Luxury Brand or other Premium Product experience
- Prior experience in selection, hiring, and performance management
Address Line 1
2460 COBB PKWY SE
Manager with Direct Reports
Best Buy Company and its Family of Brands
Best Buy is the world’s largest multi-channel consumer electronics retailer with stores in the United States, Canada, and Mexico. We are the 11th largest online retailer in the U.S. and Canada, we have the number one customer loyalty program of its kind and more than 1.6 billion visitors to our websites and stores each year. Our more than 165,000 employees are committed to helping deliver the technology solutions that provide value, enabling access to people, knowledge, ideas and fun – whether online, via mobile device or in our stores.
Additional Job Information
What are my rewards and benefits?
Discover your career here! At Best Buy we offer much more than a paycheck. Surrounded by the latest and greatest technology, a team of amazing coworkers and a work environment where anything is possible, you’ll find it easy to be your best when you work with us. We provide an exciting work environment with a community of techno learners where you can be yourself while investing in your career. Empowered with knowledge you will discover endless opportunities to grow. From deep employee discounts to tuition reimbursement, to health, wealth and wellness benefits, to learning and development programs, we believe the success of our company depends on the passion of employees for learning, technology and people.