Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Accounts Payable Analyst
at BlueLinx Corporation
- Regular Full-Time
- Job ID
About BlueLinx Holdings Inc.
BlueLinx (NYSE: BXC) is a leading wholesale distributor of building and industrial products in the United States with over 50,000 branded and private-label SKUs, and a broad distribution footprint servicing 40 states. BlueLinx has a differentiated distribution platform, value-driven business model and extensive cache of products across the building products industry. Headquartered in Marietta, Georgia, BlueLinx has over 2,200 associates and distributes its comprehensive range of structural and specialty products to approximately 15,000 national, regional, and local dealers, as well as specialty distributors, national home centers, industrial, and manufactured housing customers.
Position Purpose Summary:
Primarily responsible for the reconciliation of internal records as well as information from external suppliers. Reconciles supplier statements of account with internal records and resolves directly with external supplier contacts. Identifies and resolves any discrepancies and transaction records using applicable systems. Works with various members of the financial operations staff to achieve maximum performance of duties designed to minimize risk and / or losses. Works with internal departments and remote sales branches within the company as well as directly with external suppliers to resolve issues as required.
- Understands the company’s vision, mission, and strategy; understands business unit objectives and sets/accomplishes individual performance goals accordingly
- Completes payments and controls expenses by receiving, processing, verifying, and reconciling invoices
- Solves routine supplier problems, investigates reasons / root causes
- Reconciles processed work by verifying entries and comparing system reports to balances
- Charges expenses to accounts and cost centers by analyzing invoice/expense reports; recording entries
- Pays vendors by monitoring discount opportunities; verifying vendor information; scheduling and preparing checks; resolving purchase order, contract, invoice, or payment discrepancies and documentation; insuring credit is received for outstanding memos; issuing stop-payments or purchase order amendments.
- Maintains accounting ledgers by verifying and posting account transactions
- Verifies vendor accounts by reconciling monthly statements and related transaction
- Performs daily data entry, and basic accounting administrative tasks
- 5+ years of experience or equivalent work experience with HS Diploma or GED required
- Associates or bachelor’s degree preferred
- Basic to entry level accounting and bookkeeping terminology and practices
- Understands the relationship between general ledger and sub-ledger accounting and their reconciliation
- Ability to compare data from a variety of sources for accuracy and completeness
- Ability to meet deadlines and adhere to schedules; ability to handle multiple tasks, and to work independently in an organized manner
- Ability to prioritize workflow; detail oriented with exceptional follow-through, problem-solving skills and organizational skills
- Ability to multi-task, visually proof / compare data, and prioritize work.
- Strong data entry skills and the ability to ensure data accuracy.
- Ability to perform search / inquiry tasks, handle customer problems and evaluate of customer satisfaction.
- Basic math skills and a basic knowledge of policies / procedures / terminology. Excellent written and communication skills
- Proficiency using Microsoft Office Suite Software
*The company offers great benefits including medical, dental, vision, 401K, paid holidays, etc.*