Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Collections Supervisor (Finance & Accounting)
at BlueLinx Corporation
- Regular Full-Time
- Job ID
About BlueLinx Holdings Inc.
BlueLinx (NYSE: BXC) is a leading wholesale distributor of building and industrial products in the United States with over 50,000 branded and private-label SKUs, and a broad distribution footprint servicing 40 states. BlueLinx has a differentiated distribution platform, value-driven business model and extensive cache of products across the building products industry. Headquartered in Marietta, Georgia, BlueLinx has over 2,200 associates and distributes its comprehensive range of structural and specialty products to approximately 15,000 national, regional, and local dealers, as well as specialty distributors, national home centers, industrial, and manufactured housing customers.
Position Purpose Summary:
As a Supervior of collections, the ideal candidate will oversee collection efforts, complete accounting tasks such as creating and clearing entries to accounts, balancing, reconciliation, researching and resolving discrepancies and maintain accounting systems and records; ensure internal and external accounting principles and policies are followed. Answers inquiries and resolves routine problems identified by staff and/or other departments. May prepare routine financial analyses or reports as required.
- Understands the company’s vision, mission, and strategy; understands business unit objectives and sets/accomplishes individual performance goals accordingly.
- Ensures timely and accurate processing of payments to suppliers and employees. Defines and monitors key accounts payable performance indicators. Depending upon functional group, may perform some or all of the responsibilities listed below:
- Performs ad hoc analysis on accounts and generates reports.
- Develops and maintains good working relationships with internal customers and/or suppliers. Ensures excellent customer service is delivered to internal customers and suppliers.
- Participates in the development, testing, and implementation of accounting systems and process enhancements. Works with various groups and functions to facilitate continuous process improvement and automation of processes.
- Reviews internal controls for efficiency. Identifies and enforces internal controls related to accounts payable / accounts receivables and Sarbanes Oxley.
- Leads team; selects/hires; develops objectives; coaches and evaluates performance. Ensures direct reports obtain applicable training and development opportunities to enhance performance, development, and contributions to the company. Holds direct reports accountable for individual and team performance. Addresses performance issues appropriately and timely.
- Years of experience: 5-8 years experience in related field preferred. 6+ years experience w/ MS/MA/MBA.
- BA / BS in Accounting or related degree preferred.
- Working knowledge of corporate level accounting principles, credit and collections, records management, scheduling, and/or adhoc reporting.
- Customer/vendor focus. Ability to multi-task, visually proof / compare data, and prioritize work.
- Knowledge of accounts payable, accounts receivables, cash disbursement, and/or invoicing / billing.
- Excellent data entry skills and the ability to ensure data accuracy.
- Ability to perform search / inquiry tasks, handle customer problems and evaluate customer satisfaction.
- Strong communication sills and the ability to work well with multiple sources to solve day-to-day problems.
- Solid understanding of BlueLinx policy and procedures. Basic math skills.
- Proficiency using Microsoft Office Suite Software and relevant systems technology.