BluePearl Veterinary Partners
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Veterinary Technician - Surgery
at BluePearl Veterinary Partners
BluePearl’s Sandy Springs location is hiring an exceptional Veterinary Technician - Surgery.
Are you a skilled, knowledgeable and committed Veterinary Technician looking to take your career in Veterinary Medicine to the next level? Do you have strong social skills and passionate about becoming a part of a dynamic and rewarding team? If you have a minimum of two years of veterinary technical experience in the areas of anesthesia, radiography, IVC placement and surgical equipment, please check out this opportunity.
Immediate need for qualified registered veterinary technician, preferably with anesthesia experience. This position is full time, Tuesday through Friday with rotating on call and holiday responsibilities. Work in an environment that encourages growth and learning by your peers. This is a busy, fast-paced hospital with doctors and support staff that work together to provide the best care for pets and comfort to owners.
As a Surgical Veterinary Technician, you will:
- Provide nursing care to stable patients according to hospital standards of care and core values.
- Ability to place peripheral intravenous catheter in cephalic vein.
- Perform physical exam; accurately counts heart, pulse rate, capillary refill time, mucous membranes, temperature, respiratory rate and effort.
- Understand normal vital parameters and alerts doctor when abnormal.
- Able to set up intravenous fluids.
- Administer subcutaneous fluids.
- Can operate all brands of intravenous fluid pumps and can troubleshoot errors.
- Able to disconnect and connect patient from intravenous fluids aseptically.
- Ability to monitor patient response to fluid therapy including signs of overload.
Who are we?
BluePearl Veterinary Partners grew from the dreams of numerous veterinarians who believed pets should have access to high quality, groundbreaking healthcare.
We are seeking hospital support with the same philosophy who are looking to grow their career in an exciting environment with a family atmosphere.
Your success is our success.
At BluePearl, the continued education of our techs is paramount. Not only do our techs get to work in state of the art facilities with the best veterinary teams in the nation, but they also have access 90% paid scholarships with Penn Foster and CE allowances. We also go even further to hold monthly CE meetings, associate feedback sessions, and opportunities for mentorship and cross-training.
- health benefits options
- competitive compensation
- flexible hours
- scrub allowance
- opportunity to bring your dog to work
- additional training
- unlimited growth potential
BluePearl is committed to a diverse work environment in which all individuals are treated with respect and dignity. We are an equal opportunity employer and you will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, creed, sex, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, sexual orientation or affectional preference, or gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you need assistance or an accommodation during the application process because of a disability, it is available upon request. The company is pleased to provide such assistance, and no applicant will be penalized as a result of such a request. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Drug Free Workplace.