Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
IT Governance and Compliance Analyst
at Cabot Corporation.
- Requisition ID
- # of Openings
- Position Type
- Regular Full-Time
Position requires strong knowledge of technology, applications, infrastructure, automation, risk management and security along with a desire to champion best practices. Provide support in Compliance strategy and Compliance execution in supporting governance processes, deployment and improvement initiatives. Assist with strategy and processes related to all areas of Governance, Risk Management and Compliance. Also assist with, coordinate the efforts of several groups to ensure compliance with sox 404, HIPAA, PCI, NIST, IT Security as well as other Federal and industry regulations and requirements.
Strong understanding of overall IT Controls framework documentation and practices based on various compliance areas (SOX, NIST, PII, SSAE (CUEC) etc.)
• Help evaluate the IT controls including, but not limited to, Data Security Standard (PCI DSS), Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX), Security and Privacy policies and standards
• Work with IT control owners in creating, document, interpretation and monitoring of IT general controls.
• Conduct compliance research to keep abreast of latest issues, advances, and changes.
• Conduct various IT Compliance controls validation and implementation activities: Activities may include reviewing change activities with multiple stakeholders, service/incident tickets, collecting data, generating detail and thorough documentation which demonstrates compliance with IT controls.
• Interact with various business groups to understand how they use IT systems to assess whether systems should be included within the scope of the various compliance areas (SOX, HIPPA, PCI, etc.)
• Assist with Risk Assessments definition and evaluation to support business requirements including but not limited to Entity Wide and IT.
• Work with IT and business process owners to identify compliance concerns, ensure policies/processes are consistently applied and provide overall support on IT compliance related issues. Identify gaps in the design and operating effectiveness of controls, and identify opportunities for more efficient and effective controls.
• Assist with innovation and continuous improvements of internal control framework, including the integration of multiple compliance requirements.
• Work with other IT colleagues, Internal Audit and External Audit for required reviews and audit activities (SOX, Regulatory, Project). Coordinate requests, sample collection, quality assurance of controls compliance evidence, issues, and remediation plans.
• Work with ITCO manager to review, document compliance risks, mediation, and mitigations
• Measure and report health of key technical and administrative controls
• Support development and/or document other deliverables such as meeting notes, presentation, study/assessment summaries and status report.
• Assist with evaluation of Cloud Service Provider’s SSAE certification and CUCE requirements
Project management skills with knowledge of SDLC.
• Ability to communicate clearly and succinctly both verbally and in writing as well as interact and work with others in a collaborative fashion.
• Ability to interpret regulations and laws related to control requirements.
• Knowledge of application systems (JDE, PeopleSoft, OBI, ODI/BODI, Clarity, databases (Oracle, SQL, etc.), operating systems (Window, Linux), IT Tools (IVANTI, IDM, PAM, etc.) Windows Server Management and Active Directory.
• Hands –on knowledge of audit working paper organization and preparation, including test and remediation plans and supporting documentation.
• Excellent presentation, problem-solving, and conflict resolution skills.
• General knowledge of COBIT, Sarbanes Oxley, ITIL, NIST or other control frameworks
• Strong understanding of Microsoft Office 365 products with focus on Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Visio and SharePoint.
• Ability to work efficiently and independently with minimal supervision as well as the ability to work successfully in a cross-functional team in a complex matrix environment.
• Organized, ability to manage multiple objectives, disseminate plans, and execute quickly.
• Work with audit teams where their independence is required. Must be able to judge boundaries, provide factual objective opinions, rationalize, etc. Must be able to work in an environment with multiple opinions/view and remain objective. Many time you will be in the negotiator role.
• Understanding of and can code in SQL (Oracle and Microsoft)
• Knowledge of Cloud service offering (IaaS, PaaS, SaaS, etc) and concepts of managing subscriptions to such services.
• Bachelor/university degree or equivalent experience
• 5 to 7 years of directly related experience
About the Company
Founded in 1882, Cabot Corporation (NYSE: CBT) is a global specialty chemicals and performance materials company, headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts. The company is a leading provider of rubber and specialty carbons, activated carbon, inkjet colorants, cesium formate drilling fluids, fumed silica, aerogel and elastomer composites.