Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Cabot Corporation.
- Requisition ID
- # of Openings
- Position Type
- Regular Full-Time
The Senior Buyer obtains goods and services for multiple manufacturing and business office sites. Works through established contracts for centrally sourced items and/or through the selection of vendors and suppliers for non-centrally sourced items. May negotiate local contracts. Depending on organizational structure, may provide leadership and guidance to less experienced members of Purchasing team.
- Procures more complex, higher value items for multiple sites. Buys from established contracts in the case of centrally sourced items; sets up and manages bid requests for independently sourced items.. Works with internal customers to identify understand and translate purchasing needs. Performs related purchasing activities, such as generation of documents, purchase orders and approving purchase orders within pre-established spending limits.
- Identifies and implements most cost effective and efficient way to purchase small and/or local items. Uses various methods and tools, such as procurement cards, and blanket orders to minimize cost and administrative time. Coordinates implementation of all purchasing tools.
- Researches information and develops new cost-effective sources. Establishes and maintains a supply base for products and services purchased. Reduces number of active suppliers for products and purchases.
- Fosters and maintains positive business relationships with vendors and users.
- Ensures timely delivery of goods and services that meet quality, timing and price terms. Resolves commercial conflicts and coordinates quality claims through Purchasing Managers, in the case of centrally managed suppliers, or directly with local suppliers as appropriate. Coordinates purchasing details with vendors and internal groups.
- Evaluates supplier performancefor Regional or Global purchased items as required. Reports findings pertaining to elimination or reduction of costs, as well as other relevant metrics and statistics. Analyzes trends and identifies opportunities for additional efficiencies.
- Ensures compliance with Purchasing Ethics, (US) Sabarnes-Oxley legislation, ISO and corporate standards, Values, audit rules, laws, etc.
- Provides training to others. Organizational structure may require Sr. Buyer to play a lead role at certain locations, providing work leadership and guidance to Purchasing staff.
- Supports efforts to implement and maintain the Responsible Care® Management System in line with the requirements of the RC14001® technical specification, as applicable to the site/region.
- Solid knowledge of Purchasing profession and transportation industry. Strong knowledge of contract design. Understanding of marketplace relating to goods and services purchased. General understanding of business issues and financial principles.
- Computer skills; knowledge of office and purchasing applications.
- Communicates effectively both verbally and in writing. Ability to articulate ideas convincingly, negotiate contracts and solutions to complex problems. Ability to instruct and provide work guidance to others.
- Ability to plan and prioritize a wide variety of activities. Project management skills.
- Ability to work collaboratively with others; build and maintain positive business relationships.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Science, Engineering or equivalent experience. Purchasing certification or equivalent preferred.
- 5-7 years industry-related purchasing experience.
About the Company
Cabot Corporation is a leading global specialty chemicals and performance materials company headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts, USA.
We strive to be the most innovative, respected and responsible leader in our markets — delivering performance that makes a difference. As a market leader we collaborate with customers to find innovative solutions that will help them advance their own products for a wide range of industries, from transportation and infrastructure to environment and consumer goods. Our customers worldwide trust our solutions to help them address their needs and accelerate innovation in key applications — creating value and delivering an advantage over the competition. To learn more about Cabot products and applications please click here.
Our culture is based on four core values: respect, integrity, responsibility and excellence in everything we do. We understand and value the power of diversity and collaboration. We strive to create an environment that is conducive to the spirit of entrepreneurship, innovation and accountability, and empowers every team member to take responsibility for the execution of our strategy. We support and encourage our people to share ideas and explore ways to do things differently. Our passion for excellence and commitment to creating value and business success creates a culture in which everyone can contribute. We are known as one of the global leaders in safety, health and environmental performance, motivated in large part by the commitment and drive of our colleagues around the world.
Our global network consists of over 40 manufacturing facilities throughout North America, South America, EMEA, and APAC regions. Learn more about the Alpharetta site here.
Cabot Corporation is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.