Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
- Job ID
- Atlanta, GA
The Purchasing Estimator is responsible for managing all activities involved with creating and maintaining material take-offs.
- Estimate materials for new plans.
- Create and maintain accurate material take-offs.
- Monitor material usage in the field for overages/shortages to update/correct material take-offs.
- Record and analyze take-off data through Microsoft Excel.
- Assist Division team with plan value engineering.
- Maintain Division’s insurance compliance.
- Update/Correct purchase order issues.
- Complete required forms by the Regional Operations Center (ROC).
- Maintain vendor files and contracts.
- Prepare bid requests for new/existing plans.
- Assist in evaluating new bid proposals.
- Minimum high school diploma or equivalent required
- Minimum 2 years experience in purchasing and estimating required
- Ability to read and understand residential blue prints.
- Efficient with Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Word, JD Edwards, and other software systems.
- Knowledge of all construction practices nation-wide.
- Ability to perform several tasks efficiently under tight deadlines.
- Detail oriented, energetic, and hard-working personality.
- Valid Driver’s License with good driving record
- Valid Auto Insurance Coverage