Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Supervising Attorney - Esperanza Center Immigration Legal Service-228 Lexington
at Catholic Charities
Esperanza Center Immigration Legal Service-228 Lexington
8:30AM - 4:30PM
Contact: Mary Ann McCloskey
Bilingual - Spanish speaking mandatory
Current driver's license w/ no more than 3 points
2-3 years related experience
Must be at least 21 years old
Supervisory experience is preferred
Catholic Charities is a movement to improve lives. We are a family of more than 2,000 talented and dedicated colleagues, supported by nearly 8,000 selfless volunteers and more than 10,000 generous donors. These marvelous individuals are of all faiths, ages and ethnicities, and together, we touch the lives of hundreds of thousands of individuals and families each year. Catholic Charities is our community at its best! Through thousands of encounters each day, at our 80 programs and over 200 locations, lives are improved and our community is made stronger
We are currently looking for a candidate for the position of Supervising Immigration Attorney for the EsperanzaCenter.
Description of Program
The Esperanza Center is a comprehensive immigrant resource center that offers hope and essential services to people who are new to the United States. Immigrants from all over the world have received important resources and compassionate guidance at the Esperanza Center since 1963. Our dedicated staff and volunteers provide services and referrals, ESL education, health care, and low-cost immigration legal services to thousands of immigrants each year.
What the Supervising Attorney does on a day to day basis:
- Will provide day-to-day management of discrete aspects of the ILS Program including case selection, case management oversight, and assistance with grant writing and reporting.
- Supervises Staff Attorneys, including regular performance check-ins, and other applicable personnel management responsibilities.
- The Supervising Attorney ensures that the legal immigration software and legal client database are maintained, reports on client outcomes, and monitors Staff Attorney caseloads for the Managing Attorney.
- As needed, the Supervising Attorney will also represent clients before local, state, and federal administrative offices such as the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS); Executive Office for Immigration Review, Baltimore Immigration Court (EOIR); and the U.S. Department of State (DOS).
- Law degree from an accredited law school.
- Licensed to practice law in at least one State, U.S. Territory, or a Federal District Court.
- Two years of immigration law practice experience required.
- Fluent in English and Spanish.
- Excellent communication, analytic, leadership, and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work with clients from diverse cultures.
- Prior supervisory experience a plus.
- Ability to work in multiple locations.
- Must have a valid driver's license with no more than 3 points.
We offer a wide range of benefits to meet the ever-changingneeds of our employees including but not limited to:
· Vacation/sick/holiday pay
· 403(b) Retirement Plan with adiscretionary employer contribution
Catholic Charities of Baltimore is not only a wonderful place to work, but if you're looking to be part of a mission to make a meaningful difference in the lives of so many, then we're ready and waiting for you!
Catholic Charities is an Equal Opportunity Employer.