cf real estate services
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at cf real estate services
The Paralegal, under the supervision of the General Counsel, serves as the legal team liason to internal Company associates, client representatives, third parties, and outside counsel to effectively manage flow and accuracy of information in all legal-related matters. The Paralegal leads the contract review process, capital improvement contracts, and claims and litigation management within the organization, under the direction and supervision of the General Counsel.
- Drive updates on legal claim status on weekly/monthly basis and maintain front- and back-end documentation on major decisions surrounding these claims.
- Oversee the administrative oversight of all claims activities and maintain the incident tracking platform and review claim activities.
- Review new contracts for appropriate terms, conditions, consistency, and language, and serve as internal resource for interpretation of contracts.
- Serve as the gatekeeper of new contracts, set up for signature, investigate appropriate insurances of vendor, and authorization to do business with the Company.
- Research, analyze, and summarize legal sources such as statutes, recorded judicial decisions, legal articles, legal codes, and law-related information relevant to the research.
- Complete initial drafts related to specific legal matters related to employment, HUD, or other agency inquiries.
- Consistently and professionally communicate with clients, opposing counsel, vendors, and Company associates.
- Review and follow up on deadlines, emails, and calendar appointments.
- Obtain signatures of all appropriate parties through DocuSign.
- Other duties and projects as assigned.
Education: A four-year degree is preferred, or an Associate degree with Certificate in Paralegal Studies required.
Experience: 1-3 years' previous experience under the guidance of an attorney. Advanced Excel skills, high aptitude for legal software applications, analytical skills, strong communication skills (oral and written). Experience in all phases of the litigation processes.
Certifications/Licenses: Certificate in Paralegal Studies
Language: Must be fluent in English
Special Skills, Knowledge, or Abilities: Understanding of property management and generally accepted accounting principles.
- Basic computer
- Lexus Nexus and/or Practical Law
- Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Google software systems
** CF Real Estate Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer and you will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. CF is a drug-free workplace. **