Cherokee County School District
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Long-Term Substitute (First Grade)
at Cherokee County School District
Job Status: Contract/Temporary
Job Reference #: 2197
Openings as of 10/23/2019
- Long-Term Substitute (First Grade) JobID: 2197
- Position Type:
Substitute Teacher/Substitute Teacher - Georgia Certified
- Date Posted:
- Date Available:
- Closing Date:
10/04/2019 General Description: Temporary/Substitute School-Based Work
- Long-Term (LT) teachers are defined as those who fill a particular teaching allotment for more than ten (10) consecutive days at one school location. LT teachers must hold a valid Georgia Educator Certificate in assigned teaching field as required by the Georgia Professional Standards Commission. They must provide instruction; encourage and assess student achievement and progress; and manage the learning environment effectively.
- Retired employees who choose to fill a LT teaching position must contact CCSD Benefits Office for prior approval.
- Use appropriate instructional technology and a variety of research-based instructional strategies and resources, effectively to enhance student learning.
- Provide a well-managed, safe, supportive and orderly environment that is conducive to learning; encourages respect for all; and promotes an understanding of students’ diversity.
- Establish clear expectations for classroom rules, routines and procedures and enforce them consistently and appropriately.
- Implement appropriate school safety measures and crisis emergency plans to create and sustain a secure and healthy learning environment consistent with District and school rules, policies and procedures.
- Carry out duties in accordance with federal and state laws, Code of Ethics for Educators in Georgia, and established State and local School Board policies, regulations and practices.
- Collaborate with designated school personnel and other school and District personnel to ensure student progress.
- Perform professionally and efficiently other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Long-Term Substitute Teacher:
Reports to: School Principal
Representative Duties & Responsibilities:
Pay rate: $150 per day/ 8 hours per day
This position is a temporary assignment; payment based on hours worked, and as work is available, with no eligibility or seniority for employee benefits; except for participation in a CCSD retirement savings account. All employees are eligible to participate in a 403(b) or 457(b) retirement savings account.