Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
International Public Affairs
- Job Function
- Position Type
- Experienced Professionals
- Requisition ID
The International Public Affairs role is responsible for developing and overseeing the license to operate practice for Chick-fil-A’s international expansion work. This includes building and managing a coordinated strategy that includes government relations, community affairs, external communications, sustainability, and stakeholder relations – and developing an integrated communications strategy to build and sustain Chick-fil-A’s reputation
This role is responsible for identifying and analyzing reputation risk impacting the business as it expands into global markets, including leading the development of communication strategies designed to protect and enhance the brand as it expands into high-risk international markets. Based on the business’ priorities, this role will be responsible for making key decisions (in partnership with the international team) as well as coordinating with other key internal stakeholders to create a global external affairs strategy as well as custom, localized market plans for external engagement to secure positive positioning of the brand. This role will be responsible for overseeing the development of strong relationships with agency partners as well as key influencers in each global market. This role will also be responsible for leading all message positioning and communication strategies across a broad range of issues and stakeholders including: economic development and contribution, company positioning, sustainability, food/nutrition as well as CFA's unique service/local Operator model.
- Responsible for developing and executing an external communications strategy to build and sustain Chick-fil-A’s reputation as a leading global brand, including issues identification, messaging positioning and influencing international business strategies to ensure entry success.
- Manage collaboration across internal functions as it relates to all external affairs activities to ensure alignment and consistent entry approach including: government relations, community affairs, sustainability, and public relations.
- Drives and oversees the selection and performance of global public affairs and public relations agencies and external consultants by identifying suppliers consistent with current business as well as social/political needs.
- Collaborate and influence leadership to adjust/develop new company policies/procedures to ensure a favorable company reputation (i.e. Canadian chicken, team member appearance guidelines, etc)
- Direct the development of the necessary communication materials and messages needed to help positively position the brand with all stakeholders including: potential business partners, real estate partners, supply chain partners, NGOs, community influencers, philanthropic organizations, and government officials. This includes the development of economic impact reports as well as tailored communication tools for internal partners to leverage.
- As appropriate, serve as a key company contact and spokesperson for external stakeholders and NGOs to represent Chick-fil-A’s general positions and interests.
- Oversee and build out the external and internal process to ensure issues monitoring, stakeholder mapping and issues mitigation for all brand/consumer risks for each international market.
- It is important that the successful candidate has significant experience in Public Affairs/Public Policy or relevant field.
- He/she must additionally have excellent written and spoken English language skills.
- The following would be preferred:
- 10+ years Public Affairs experience with a leading “issues-rich” consumer brand.
- Familiarity with the foodservice sector and related issues.
- The ideal candidate will possess the following skills & competencies:
- Business Acumen/Strategic Perspective – understands business and the strategic role of Public Affairs in assessing and analyzing challenges and opportunities in line with business objectives.
- Intellectual Ability & Problem-Solving – intelligent and agile; comfortable with concepts and complexity; able to think independently and make sound, reasoned judgements and solve problems within a large organization.
- Relationship Management – understands the importance of building & sustaining relationships internally and externally.
- Communication – excellent oral, written and overall communications skills; can credibly adopt a broad range of communication styles; sensitive to specific audiences in tone as well as content.
- Accountability & Ambiguity – self-starter with strong sense of initiative, focused on results; ability to manage multiple projects, at times in ambiguous or undefined circumstances.
- Team-Orientation – a strong team-minded approach with ability to lead teams and effectively manage projects.
- Composure – Comfortable working in a fast-paced and deadline-driven environment; strong work ethic and personal integrity; calm under pressure.