Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Early Head Start Teacher
at Childcare Network
- Requisition ID
- Head Start
- Location : Address
- 94 Highland Falls Blvd
Childcare Network is currently hiring for Assistant and Lead Early Headstart Teachers.
Salary: Based on experience and education
Benefits: Medical, Dental, and Vision are available on a pretax basis. Life insurance, 401K, child care assistance, paid holidays, paid sick time, paid vacation time, and tuition assistance.
- Infant/Toddler CDA or TCC required. AA/BA in Early Childhood Education or related field with at least 120 training hours in Infant/Toddler content plus at least 480 hours of experience working with infants and toddlers OR state awarded Infant/Toddler Credential.
- Minimum of 1 year experience in a classroom environment working with infant and toddler children, preferred
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) preferred
- Background in Special Education/Inclusion preferred
- Ability to lift a child weighing 40 pounds, 20 times a day, if needed
- Ability to obtain certification in CPR and First Aid
- Pass physical examination, background check, and fingerprinting screen, and maintain required Physical/TB screen requirements
- Intermediate computer literacy in email, word processing and internet navigation
- Excellent communication and people skills
We are an equal opportunity employer, committed to creating a diverse and healthy work place.
- Establish and maintain a safe, healthy learning environment, including full supervision of children at all times, in accordance with Head Start and child care licensing requirements.
- Work collaboratively with family members, a teaching partner and other staff to achieve positive outcomes for children of all abilities.
- Planning, teaching and implementing an individualized curriculum and providing quality care for our children.
- Provide individualized classroom experiences, embedded throughout the daily routine, that are developmentally, linguistically, culturally and age-appropriate for the children served.
- Interacting with children both physically and verbally throughout the day.
- Document children’s progress through ongoing observation and direct assessment activities; use that data to plan and individualize curriculum.
- Collaborate with Family Services staff to support families as they implement sound family life practices, extend learning into the home, and meet attendance expectations.
- Assist children with their personal hygiene and clean up of classroom.
- Meet with parents, staff, and administration.
- Attend in-service and staff development training programs.
- Familiarity with GA state licensing requirements and Childcare Network policies.
- Familiar with Early Head Start
You’ll achieve positive outcomes by utilizing:
- CLASS™ teacher-child interactions
- Research-supported curriculum
- Child assessment tools
- Teacher Success Rubric and Reflective Coaching
- State of the art technology and learning methods