Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
High School Math Teacher, 2019-2020 School Year
at Connections Academy
High School Math Teacher, 2019-2020 School Year
Founded in 2001, Connections Education is a leading provider of high-quality, highly accountable online education solutions for schools, school districts, and students in grades K–12. It serves families and schools with a variety of digital learning and online school solutions including Connections Academy,International Connections Academy, and Pearson Connexus. In 2017, Connections Education brings full-time online and blended school to 65,000 students across the U.S. and abroad, and delivers online courses to over 340,000 students. In total, over 400,000 students in the U.S. and 48 countries will receive online learning from Connections Education in 2017. Connections Education is based in Baltimore, Maryland and was named a “Top Workplace” by the Baltimore Sun for the third consecutive year and a 2013 “Best Place to Work” by Baltimore magazine. Regularly recognized for its outstanding curriculum and leadership, Connections Education is committed to expanding quality education through technology, and helping students achieve both academic and personal success. Connections Education is part of the global education company, Pearson.
Georgia Connections Academy is a tuition-free, full-time virtual school for students in grades 6-12 throughout Georgia. The school is authorized by the Georgia Charter Schools Commission and governed by an independent Board of Directors, with a mission to maximize academic achievement for students who are seeking other academic options. The school is operated by Georgia Connections Academy, a nonprofit corporation, through a contract with Connections Academy of Georgia, LLC, to provide its educational program and other services. Connections Academy, a division of Connections Education, is accredited by AdvancED, and GACA is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges & Schools Council on Accreditation and School Improvement.
Position Summary and Responsibilities:
Working from our office in Duluth, Georgia, certified Teachers will “virtually” manage instructional programs. Through use of the telephone, Internet and various curriculum tools they will consult regularly with learning coaches and students to ensure that each child successfully completes his/her instructional program.
The High School Math Teacher will be responsible for the successful completion of the following tasks:
- Complete grading in a timely manner to communicate student progress to students and parents;
- Communicate frequently with parents, students and other teachers on a regular basis to provide feedback on student work, suggest instructional approaches and strategies, monitor completion of assignments and coach special projects;
- Support students and parents with strategies for success in a virtual environment and provide assistance with assignments and projects as needed;
- Support the instructional program with synchronous and asynchronous lessons, recordings, and instructional materials;
- Review curriculum and devise alternate approaches to presenting lessons to increase student understanding (working directly with students and parents);
- Work collaboratively with other teachers to review data and develop instructional strategies to address students at all levels
- Devise and implement virtual methods of creating and maintaining a “school community”;
- Work with other teachers to coordinate social activities and relevant field trips for students and integrate trips into the curriculum whenever possible;
- Attend school sponsored events such as Beginning and End of Year Events, prom, study sessions, etc.
- Participate in the organization and administration of the State Testing, as directed;
- Participate in student recruiting sessions and other marketing efforts that require teacher representation;
- Develop a general knowledge of the entire program’s 6-12 curriculum and a very detailed knowledge of the courses for which responsible;
- Other duties as assigned.
- Highly qualified and certified to teach High School Math in Georgia (appropriate to grade level and content area responsibilities)
- Strong technology skills (especially with Microsoft OS and MS Office programs)
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written
- Strong organizational skills and demonstrated ability to work well in fast paced environment
- Team player track record; ability to collaborate
- Customer focused approach
- Ability to work independently and remotely
- Willingness to travel on occasion for marketing and state testing events (may require overnight travel)
- Ability to work some occasional evening hours, as needed to support some families