Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at CoStar Group
CoStar is seeking a POI (Point of Interest) specialist to work with the Apartments.com SEO and Mapping Teams.
The primary role of the specialist is to conduct neighborhood research and grow CoStar’s multifamily and residential geographic data sets. The specialist will proactively curate, prioritize and refine geographic definitions to grow traffic to the Apartments.com Network sites. The specialist will be responsible for multiple team projects including researching and updating multiple data sets used in the operation of Apartments.com Network sites and related applications. The specialist will be responsible for improving data sets for neighborhoods, colleges, universities, transportation, hospitals, military, parks, arts, culture, sports venues and placemaking public areas. The specialist will be responsible for researching and responding to map requests from sales, research teams and customers.
Skills and Qualifications:
- A high degree of technical and problem-solving abilities, with neighborhood research experience or work with mapping tools, MapInfo or ESRI
- Minimum of two years’ experience with mapping and POI data
- Ability to manipulate shape files, tables, attribute data and database information
- Ability to perform accurate and timely research using a range of different sources
- Ability to work independently with excellent organizational skills
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment
- Ability to prioritize, drive and achieve results, while working to deadlines under pressure
- Interest in consumer profiling, location-based information on age, education, housing and demographic trends
- Interest in renter travel times, commutes, modes of transportation and POIs
- Interest in student, senior, military, affordable, luxury, corporate, urban and suburban renter behavior
Education and/or Certifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree, Degree in computer science, geography or related field
- Certifications in GIS, or training with mapping tools
So why work for CoStar Group?
Our culture of innovation and excellence attracts and encourages the best and brightest in a broad range of disciplines, which makes CoStar a fun and supportive place to work. CoStar Group’s benefits plan ranked among the top 10% of employers nationwide. Besides generous pay and performance-based incentives, the company also provides a 401(k) with company match. We support our employees’ professional and academic growth with internal training and tuition reimbursement. CoStar Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer; we maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
CoStar Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer; we maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing