CoStar Realty Information, inc.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at CoStar Realty Information, inc.
The Research Manager is responsible for managing a team of Researchers or Research Technicians, who are tasked with capturing information on multifamily communities. The objective of this position is to motivate a team towards individual, team and company-wide performance, complete data capture and quality goals.
As a role model and mentor to Researchers and other support personnel, the RM will support, coach and mentor in the pursuit of excellence by providing direction, guidance and sharing knowledge. The RM plays an essential role in driving team productivity, data collection, and accuracy to peak performance levels with an emphasis on holding the team accountable for continuous improvement. Additionally, the RM takes ownership of the development of all team members by ensuring clear communication, regular coaching, constructive feedback and effective talent management is continuously achieved.
- Plan, coordinate and execute assigned research projects
- Review performance data to monitor and measure productivity against goals, take necessary actions to ensure performance goals are met and exceeded
- Monitor employee and team performance, uphold and enforce company policies and guidelines, administer performance improvement plans, recognize and reward high performance and conduct regular performance reviews
- Conduct daily call coaching and manage staff development to achieve maximized performance
- Coach, mentor and develop team members through the continuous management of Individual Development Plans (IDP) tailored to individual skill, competency and career development
- Create a culture of accountability and high productivity
- Act as a role model by maintaining the highest professional standards and upholding the CoStar and departmental Code of Conduct
- Maintain a professional and positive work environment that is conducive to high performance where team members feel valued and own the brands they represent.
- Partner with Quality Analysts and the Leadership team to ensure accurate data that reflects market reality.
- Collaborate to ensure procedures and guidelines evolve as the business requires
- Consistently monitor staff levels and liaise with management regarding any adjustments required
- Supervise team members on daily basis to complete research projects within deadlines.
- Track project progress periodically and report the same to management.
- Identify areas of improvements and develop new methodologies to meet milestones.
- Present research findings to management in an understandable manner.
- Stay abreast with latest developments in leadership and management
- Analyze and resolve research issues promptly and accurately.
- Coordinate with management in determining research priorities and developing research roadmap.
- Identify key challenges and develop appropriate solutions.
- Ensure that research deliverables meet quality standards and business requirements.
- Actively participate in the selection, hiring and training of new staff
Skills and Qualifications:
- Bachelors’ degree required
- Proven management experience leading a team of 10+ in a professional work environment
- Demonstrated success of building strong, cohesive teams by leading and motivating towards action/execution through influence and collaboration
- High level of Emotional Intelligence
- Demonstrated experience of managing KPIs and achieving performance metrics
- Results orientated - ability to prioritize, drive and achieve results through self and others whilst working to deadlines under pressure.
- Experience of coaching and mentoring others in their professional growth and development
- Excellent communication and influencing skills; verbal and written
- Proven record of working cross-functionally with peers and other departments
- Documented success bringing value to the organization.
- Ability to present in front of stakeholders, Senior Leadership, colleagues and direct reports.
- Confident personality with the ability to interact at all levels and establish rapport with both internal and external stakeholders
- Ability to adapt quickly in a technology-led environment
- Familiarity and/or practical work experience in Commercial or Residential property leasing, research, or management
- Understanding of digital marketing including Web site usage
- Proficiency in MS Office, including strong Excel skills and familiarity with SQL queries
CoStar Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer; we maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing
Founded in 1987, CoStar Group, Inc. (Nasdaq:CSGP) is the leading provider of commercial real estate information, analytics and online marketplaces.
CoStar conducts expansive, ongoing research to produce and maintain the largest and most comprehensive database of commercial real estate information. CoStar data powers the $17 trillion world of real estate – delivering the sale, lease, property, tenant, contact, reporting and industry information that makes connections happen. We help our clients make smart investments and decisions. Eighty-three percent of the nation’s commercial real estate transactions involve a CoStar subscriber, and the top 95% of the leading 1,000 brokerage firms use CoStar to inform their decisions.
We also help create lasting experiences through our family of marketplaces. In addition to CoStar, CoStar Group brands and marketplaces include LoopNet, Apartments.com, BizBuySell, and Lands of America – collectively attracting more than 25 million monthly unique visitors. The Apartments.com Network is the nation’s #1 most visited apartment listing network, with 45 million monthly visits, allowing renters to find their perfect homes. LAND.com connects landowners to their perfect properties, spots and open spaces. BizBuySell allows small business owners to bring their dreams to life. And LoopNet connects investors, sellers and brokers with clients who fall in love with their properties.
Headquartered in Washington, DC, CoStar maintains offices throughout the U.S. and in Europe and Toronto, Canada with a staff of approximately 3,700 worldwide, including the industry's largest professional research organization.
CoStar is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. CoStar is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access www.costargroup.com/careers as a result of your disability. You can request reasonable accommodations by calling 1-855-840-1715 or by sending an email to email@example.com.