Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Supervisor, Warehouse Operations in Peachtree City at Curtiss-Wright
at Curtiss-Wright Corporation
The Opportunity | Warehouse Operations Supervisor
The Warehouse Operations Supervisor is responsible for supervising personnel in Shipping and Inventory Control departments of the coatings manufacturing facility. This role will also be responsible for managing the worldwide shipment of hazardous materials and ensuring compliance to all transportation guidelines and regulations. The Warehouse Operations Supervisor will be required to maintain daily contact with the Operations Manager and all direct employees along with maintaining proper contact with the Customer Service department to ensure the company is meeting customer expectations. They will also need to communicate with the contact transportation companies to arrange inbound and outbound freight.
- Control and direct all transportation into and out of the facility to meet customer service standards, company cost objectives and security requirements.
- Must ensure that all outgoing shipments meet the requirements of Federal and International shipping regulations.
- Must maintain certifications to the following hazardous shipping guidelines: U.S. Domestic Hazardous Materials per DOT 49CFR, International Maritime Dangerous Goods and IATA/ICAO Dangerous Goods by Air.
- Ensure that employees follow all applicable company procedures and work instructions along with corporate policies. Provides training and discipline to all policies, procedures and work instructions.
- Enforce all company safety policies on a daily basis.
- Maintain proper housekeeping practices in all assigned areas of the facility.
- Manage the staffing of the shipping department to ensure that at least one certified hazardous material employee is available during all working hours.
- Meet company objectives in all areas of customer service including on-time delivery.
- Actively work towards company continuous improvement objectives including cost reduction initiatives.
- Conduct interviews and work with temporary staffing services to search for new employees when needed.
- Maintain proper inventory of shipping supplies.
- Participate in facility safety audits. Assist in accident investigations.
- Fill in for employees' duties during sick time and vacation time.
- 3-5 years of Supervisory experience required
- High School Diploma required; college preferred
- All applicable hazardous material shipping certifications required for all modes of transportation (IATA, DOT, IMO as referenced above)
- Experience in shipping hazardous materials preferred.
- Certified forklift driver
This position may require exposure to information that is subject to US export control regulations, i.e. the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) or the Export Administration Regulations (EAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of U.S. regulations.
Curtiss-Wright values diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. If you require accommodation due to a disability at any time during the recruitment and/or assessment process, please contact Talent Acquisition and we will make all reasonable efforts to accommodate your request.