Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Big Data Architect
at Daimler AG
Mercedes-Benz USA,headquartered in Atlanta, GA is one of Fortune's 100 Best Companies to WorkFor. Mercedes-Benz is USA is responsible for the sales, marketing and serviceof all Mercedes-Benz and Maybach products in the United States. In our people,you will find tremendous commitment to our corporate values: 'PRIDE = Passion,Respect, Integrity, Discipline, and Excellence'. Our products andemployees reflect this dedication. We are looking for diverse top-notchindividuals to join the Mercedes-Benz Team and uphold these hallmarks.
Mercedes-Benz USA isrecruiting a Big Data Architect, a newly created position within theInformation Technology Infrastructure Department. This position is responsiblefor refining and creating the next step in technology for our organization. Inthis role you will act as contact person and agile enabler for all questionsregarding new IT infrastructure and services in context of Big Data solutions.
· Leveragesophisticated Big Data technologies into current and future businessapplications
· Leadinfrastructure projects for the implementation of new Big Data solutions
· Designand implement modern, scalable data center architectures (on premise, hybrid orcloud) that meet the requirements of our business partners
· Ensurethe architecture is optimized for large dataset acquisition, analysis, storage,cleansing, transformation and reclamation
· Createthe requirements analysis, the platform selection and the design of thetechnical architecture
· DevelopIT infrastructure roadmaps and implement strategies around data scienceinitiatives
· Leadthe research and evaluation of emerging technologies, industry and markettrends to assist in project development and operational support actives
· Workclosely together with the application teams to exceed our business partners'expectations
Bachelor's Degree (accredited school) or equivalent work experience with emphasis in:
Management Information System (MIS)
Must have 5 – 7 years of experience in thefollowing:
· Architecture,design, implementation, operation and maintenance of Big Data solutions
· Hands-onexperience with major Big Data technologies and frameworks including Hadoop,MapReduce, Pig, Hive, HBase, Oozie, Mahout, Flume, ZooKeeper, MongoDB, andCassandra.
· Experiencewith Big Data solutions deployed in large cloud computing infrastructures suchas AWS, GCE and Azure
· Strongknowledge of programming and scripting languages such as Java, Linus, PHP,Ruby, Phyton
· BigData query tools such as Pig, Hive and Impala
· ProjectManagement Skills:
· Abilityto develop plans/projects from conceptualization to implementation
· Abilityto organize workflow and direct tasks as well as document milestones and ROI'sand resolve problems
Proven experiencewith the following:
· Opensource software such as Hadoop and Red Hat
· Servers,storage, networking, and data archival/backup solutions
· Industryknowledge and experience in areas such as Software Defined Networking (SDN), ITinfrastructure and systems security, and cloud or network systems management
Focus on problem resolution andtroubleshooting
Knowledge on hardware capabilities and software interfaces andapplications
Ability to produce quality digital assets/products
No Sponsorship Available
No Relocation Available
Must be able to work flexible hours/work schedule
Work weekends when required
Work holidays when required
Travel domestically and internationally
Mercedes-Benz USA is committed tofostering an inclusive environment that appreciates and leverages the diversityof our team. We provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all qualifiedapplicants and employees without regard to race, color, ethnicity, gender, age,national origin, religion, marital status, veteran status, physical or otherdisability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any othercharacteristic protected by federal, state or local law.