Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
DevOps Engineer - Middleware
at Daimler AG
Mercedes-Benz USA, headquartered in Atlanta, GA is responsible for thesales, marketing and service of all Mercedes-Benz and Maybach products in theUnited States. In our people, you willfind tremendous commitment to our corporate values: 'PRIDE = Passion, Respect,Integrity, Discipline, and Execution'. Our products and employees reflect this dedication. We are looking for diverse top-notchindividuals to join the Mercedes-Benz Team and uphold these hallmarks.
Responsible for providing technicaldirection and project leadership for Middleware services to all IT applicationareas with a strong alignment of the technical architectures, practices andcompliance with corporate IT standards. Responsibilities include project planning,design, implementation, administration and support of the MiddlewareInfrastructure and services. Provide Middleware operations and support to allrunning applications to meet customer demand. As part of transformation, thisresource would work very closely with application team in assessing currenttechnology stack, and also responsible in supporting our strategies such asFOSS (Free and Open Source), TwiceAsFAST, Nutanix Hyper converged platform, Moving to Containers, DevOps/Agilemethodologies, Enterprise monitoring and Cloud operation.
· Manage Middleware environment which includes butnot limited to WebSphere Application Server, WebSphere Liberty, Tomcat, Apache,and IBM HTTP Server.
· Evaluate new technologies; align with Daimler'soverall direction & strategies in adopting and building standards forfuture technology stack for Middleware operations.
· Engage in regular exchange with regional expertsin similar function to learn, adopt and continuously improve.
· Ensure middleware infrastructure continues tostay state of the art to meet customer demand. Transition Middleware technologyto run in cloud with containers (Kubernetes/Docker) and lightweight productsfor scalability and performance.
· Ensure systems are designed for high availabilityand necessary systems backup and recovery processes are in place.
· Architecture and Design monitoring solutions forapplications (e.g. Splunk, App Dynamics)
· Perform installation, configuration, deployment,troubleshooting and tuning of middleware products.
· Provide operational support to ensureapplications are highly available, necessary monitoring and alerts are inplace.
· Provide 24 * 7 supports for PRODUCTIONapplications whenever necessary.
· Assign tasks and responsibilities to team andprovide migration schedule.
· Plan out maintenance work and patch cycle forall middleware systems.
· Ensure systems are protected against securityvulnerability threats.
· Utilize off-shore team for all standardoperations wherever possible.
· Ensure application monitoring systems aredesigned to provide necessary application performance and dashboard reports.
· Manage new projects and resources. Ensureprojects are completed on time and within budget.
· Explore, evaluate and provide automationwherever possible.
· Provide implementation and support forDevOps/Continuous Integration and Delivery pipeline (CI/CD) for application andsoftware update.
· Implement new applications for zero-downtimemodel.
· Integrate on-prem and off-prem cloudtechnologies for seamless application migration.
· Provide support to customers in transitioninglegacy/monolithic applications to cloud ready environment.
· Adopt and guide middleware team to manage agileand scrum projects.
Bachelor's Degree (accreditedschool)
· Computer/Information Science
· Information Technology
· Management InformationSystem (MIS)
Candidate having 1 or more followingcertifications is preferred:
· PMP and/or ITILcertification
· Administration certificationfor application servers (WebSphere etc.)
· Agile/Scrum certification
Must have 3 years (total) ofexperience in the following:
· Strongexperience with application server technologies such as WebSphere ApplicationServers, WebSphere Liberty, Tomcat, JBOSS and other Middleware products.
· Strongmiddleware architecture background.
· Stronganalytical skills with strong experience in installation, configuration,troubleshooting and performance tuning of Middleware systems.
· StrongUNIX, Shell, Jython and Jacl scripts background.
Musthave 1 years (total) experience in the following:
· Experiencewith continuous integration tools (e.g. Jenkin, UrbanCode)
· Experiencewith configuration management platform (e.g. Chef, Puppet, Ansible)
· Experiencewith container technologies (e.g. Docker, Kubernetes )
· AgileSoftware development expert
· Handson experience in AWS or Azure Cloud environment
· Experiencewith application development on Linux/AIX based systems
· Experiencein IT security standards
· Practical knowledge and experience with ITILprinciples and processes
· Must have a diverse and extensive technicalbackground.
· Must be able to “juggle” many taskssimultaneously and possess the agility to shift focus in response to the dailyissues that arise.
Must be able to work flexible hours/work schedule
Travel domestically and internationally
Work Holidays when required
Work weekends when required
Mercedes-Benz USA iscommitted to fostering an inclusive environment that appreciates and leveragesthe diversity of our team. We provideequal employment opportunity (EEO) to all qualified applicants and employeeswithout regard to race, color, ethnicity, gender, age, national origin,religion, marital status, veteran status, physical or other disability, sexualorientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristicprotected by federal, state or local law.