Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
eCommerce Platform Engineer
at Daimler AG
Mercedes-Benz USA, headquartered in Atlanta, GA isresponsible for the sales, marketing and service of all Mercedes-Benz andMaybach products in the United States. In our people, you will find tremendous commitment to our corporatevalues: 'PRIDE = Passion, Respect, Integrity, Discipline, and Execution'. Our products and employees reflect thisdedication. We are looking for diversetop-notch individuals to join the Mercedes-Benz Team and uphold thesehallmarks.
We are looking for smart, committed and enthusiastic talents that want tobuild cutting-edge solutions. Join us, establishing a new way that our companyis dealing with DevOps projects.
Beour new eCommerce Platform Engineer in a DevOps scrum team producing the nextgeneration eCommerce product for MBUSA - a strong platform engineer that valuescollaborating closely with business partners to deliver “the best or nothing”online shopping experience.
TheDevOps team, you will be a part of, delivers eCommerce features as per theproduct multiyear roadmap. You work closely with multiple programs andenterprise architects to deliver seamless customer-centric online shoppingexperience. As a team, you and your colleagues are overall responsible for theapplication, including development, rollout and operations. In your role as theplatform engineer, you are the expert for operations and stability within theteam. You develop and deploy solutions and serves as a consultant for otheremployees.
Job Deliverables – as the new eCommerce Platform Engineer, you…
· arean active part of the DevOps team in scrum events such as Sprint Planning,Daily Scrum, Sprint Review, Sprint Retrospective
· review& develop cloud-based and on-premise solution architectures that integrateinto standard technologies such as OIDC, Apigee, and DevOps toolsetsimplemented across MBUSA
· recordIT requirements (functional and non-functional requirements),designing/documenting solutions, and establishing processes for businessenabling, business-critical and mission-critical (high availability) systems
· reviewcodes - ensure that the developed code is based on best practices andframeworks to ensure compliance with security and industry standards
· havea strong focus on operations and infrastructure topics
· willbe responsible for other aspects of the product like architecture, security,development, and delivery
· areactively involved in design, deployment, test and verification, rollout andoperations of the platform
· ensurethat all infrastructure and operations requirements are transparent andconsidered
· ensurethat the team operates within the relevant Daimler and MBUSA infrastructure andoperations policies
· arethe expert and point of contact for all concerns regarding infrastructure,operations and availability
· areresponsible for the infrastructure architecture development, includingarchitecture and development of all monitoring, logging and alerting tools
· createprocesses and fully automated tools, scripts and dashboardsare co-developing andprogramming the application in order to build up the needed skillset and keepit up to date
B.S. or M.S. inTechnical Discipline (Science, Technology, Engineering, Mathematics) orequivalent experience
Must have 7 years (total) of knowledgeand experience in the following:
· Experiencein working within an agile environment
· Experiencein HTML5 / CSS, AnjularJS / VueJS, Java / Spring Framework, API design,end-2-end Testing, Native App Development (iOS / Android), Infrastructure asCode (terraform/ansible)
· Workingknowledge of CI/CD toolchain - you have several years of experience workingwith automated CI/CD-pipelines like Kubernetes/Docker (e.g. using VSTS,Jenkins, Powershell, Bash)
· Experience/knowledge about cloud technologies, cloud infrastructure and cloud vendorsolutions such as Microsoft Azure or Amazon's AWS
· Experiencewith IT security and compliance requirements.
· Demonstratedability to communicate with all levels of management and peers.
· Youlove coding and solving complex problems
· Youare open-minded towards new challenges
· Youhave experience with the implementation of Infrastructure-as-Code concepts
· Youhave experience in network/infrastructure design and implementation (optional)
· Youhave experience in designing and developing IoT Solutions (optional)
No Sponsorship / Visa Transfer Available
Must be able to work flexible hours/work schedule
Work Holidays whenrequired
Work weekends whenrequired
Mercedes-Benz USA is committed to fostering an inclusive environment thatappreciates and leverages the diversity of our team. We provide equal employment opportunity (EEO)to all qualified applicants and employees without regard to race, color,ethnicity, gender, age, national origin, religion, marital status, veteranstatus, physical or other disability, sexual orientation, gender identity orexpression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or locallaw.