Decatur Memorial Hospital
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Registration/PreAuthorization Representative - 81835 Prior Authorization
at Decatur Memorial Hospital
81835 Prior Authorization
Full Time 40 HRS
Registers and pre-registers patients for Radiation Oncology services and diagnostic testing. Ensures that all patients meet pre-certification requirements.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Knowledge of principles and processes for exceptional customer service. This includes evaluating the needs of the customer, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of patient satisfaction.
- Knowledge of the structure and content of the English language including the meaning and spelling of words, rules of composition, and grammar. This also includes the ability to listen and understand information and ideas presented.
- Knowledge of medical terminology is required.
- Gives full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times.
- Manages one's own time and actively seeks out work.
- Ability to maximize every opportunity to work efficiently.
- Understanding the importance of adding new information, and/or verifying patient information to secure data integrity.
Must be able to maintain confidentiality when dealing with sensitive or private matters