The SNOW Developer should have the extensive technical background that allows him or her to contribute towards the successful integration, enhancement, maintenance, and overall maturation of the SNOW application suite. This individual must be an independent, innovative, self-starting team player with the ability to perform reliably in a dynamic, and ever-evolving environment. Primary responsibilities will include, but are not limited to, migrating ITSM (IT Service Management) functions (incidents, changes, requests, problems, knowledge, service catalog, etc.) and integrations from MicroFocus Service Manager (MFSM). The candidate will be expected to assist with optimizing features of SNOW to design, deliver, and track services, tasks, and business processes. The successful candidate will be expected to cover a 24x7x365 shop as part of a scheduled rotation with other team members. Work is accomplished alongside an external team supporting the SNOW environment and an internal team supporting the MFSM environment. This individual can also expect to provide guidance with architectural design decisions with regard to the actual implementation and migration of ITSM functions. The position is immediately available.
- Excellent written, oral, instructional, presentation, and interpersonal skills with focused motivation and positive attitude. Natural self-starter, engaged, and change oriented. Very strong customer orientation
- Understand the large scale thinking and approach needed for a successful implementation of an integrated SNOW Instance
- Knowledge of Active Directory / LDAP
- Knowledge of networking concepts such as IP Addressing, Firewalls, ports
- Experience with web services technologies (REST, JSON, SOAP, HTTP, SSL, XML, and GIT)
- Integration of ServiceNow applications with proprietary and 3rd party partners and automation tools
- Knowledge of and experience with all ITSM features and functions, i.e. Incident, Change, Problem, Service Catalog, Requested Items (RITM), and Tasks in SNOW
- Extensive experience configuring the SNOW platform: Business Rules, UI Actions, UI Policies, Roles, User Administration, MID Servers, and SLAs
- Thorough understanding of Single Sign-on Integration, application security, Access Control rules, and more
- Development experience with the Self Service Portal, Service Catalog, and incorporating process automation strategies
- Experience developing efficient task oriented processes
- Work with the team to build workflows to manage processes and meet Business Requirements
- Using he Workflow Editor to configure out of the box workflows and create/maintain custom workflows
- Ability to prototype new solutions for manual business processes
- Experience with ServiceNow upgrades
- Assist establishing coding standards to help with consistency and standard operating procedures (SOP)
- Ability to handle stressful situations and apply creative problem solving under pressure
- SNOW Jakarta or higher System Administration
- Relational databases (MySQL, MSSQL, Oracle)
- MS SQL Server Reporting Services
- Ability/desire to mentor developers
- Technical writing and process documentation
- Active on the ServiceNow Community
- SNOW / ITIL Certifications
- ServiceNow Certified Application Developer
- ServiceNow Certified System Administrator
- ITIL v3 Foundations Certification
- ITIL Service Management Foundation certification
- 2 - 4 years of experience supporting and implementing SNOW and related products in a large I.T. environment
- 2+ years of experience supporting and implementing SNOW web service integrations
- Experience migrating from MFSM (or other ITIL ticketing platforms) to Service
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
Education: 4-yr College Degree preferably in Information Systems, Computer Science or related field.
- Work independently and as a technical team member
- Impart excellent knowledge of ServiceNow Best Practices and ongoing knowledge of latest ServiceNow features
- Collaborate with business, systems, and Technology partners in business analysis meetings to develop business and systems requirements
- Coordinate with internal and external technicians and stakeholders to craft detailed designs for migrating the internal MFSM instance with the external ServiceNow instance.
- Provide technical assistance migrating reporting needs from MFSM to equivalent capabilities within SNOW.
- Create comprehensive documentation, conduct thorough testing, and follow defined change control processes.
- Troubleshoot production and test issues; perform root cause analysis, recommend corrective action and perform resolution efforts
- Communicate effectively with end-users, co-workers, managers, and other stakeholders with a marked focus on customer service.
- Demonstrate a high level of initiative and attention to detail during daily operations.